Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do You Use The Custom Projection Hacks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i'm trying to get rd of glitches in skies of arcadia legends. Immediately I noticed the ship in the intro goes black.

I right clicked skies of arcadia in the emulator menu and highlighted "skies of arcadia hack" exited and then the hack did nothing.

Looking again it looks like it just resets after I select it from the drop down menu and exit.

What am I doing wrong exactly? it always resets to [custom] every time I exit.
What are your settings under Custom Projection? When I choose the Skies of Arcadia profile, it sets the zFar Correction to 0.4 but this setting totally messes up the game for me. Instead, I just set the zFar Correction the same value that I found it: 1.99998. I just noticed that Dolphin always resets the profile name to Custom, but the values seem to change even if the name doesn't.

I'd suggest playing around with the zFar values. Without the Custom Projection hacks, I see the black ship in the intro that you're talking about. I'm not sure if the values depend on which backend you use, but the value I posted works for OpenGL. Can't test DX9 right now; I'm not at my Windows machine. Like I said though, try adjusting it until you see the ship.
There is no such thing as something called "CUSTOM PROJECTION HACK" in the emulator so what are you talking about make sure it's active.
This option was just recently removed. This thread is almost 3 years old, so you can't expect a discussion this old to keep up with changes that occurred within the past few months.
Locking because holy crap 3 year necropost.