Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games too slow with a powerful computer, please help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mrhbrasil

Whats up everyone.
I have been playing Mario Galaxy 2 recently, with my monitor that supports 1080p, and i cannot play the game without slowdowns. The game seems to be always slower, when I press Alt+Enter for me to exit the fullscreen the "SPEED" is always 76, 80, 82%, never 100%.
My "Config" section is pretty much all set to default, with Dual Core enabled.
And the whole problem is up with the "Graphics" tab.
First of all, let me clarify my specs.
- Intel Core i5 3.20Ghz
- GeForce GTX550Ti
- 5.86 GB of usable RAM
- Windows 7 64-bit.
You can notice that my PC should run a whole Wii system very easily, but i don't understand why it suffers all the time with the emulation.
The point of that post is, what is the best config of the "Graphics" tab for me ?
I don't know which backend is the best for me, but i have been using D3D11, with 1080p of resolution, no Anti-Alias, 1x of Anisotropic and 1xNative...
But the graphics are shit compared to the max-settings...
What should I do to enjoy the game with good graphics and without slowdows ?
And, oh, something important, my Dolphin is 86x, because the 64x does not open due to 0xc00007b issue.
THANKS !
1x Native? and no 100% speed?
try d3d9 plugin
and old i5 @3.2ghz
is not enough for smg2...
overclock to 3.8ghz

Trystan

Hey guys
This is not the matter of PC as you have mentioned that you have the Fast PC but the games are running very slowly but i think that some games are not supported to the latest core models and now some games are like the Battle field 3 which needs the very quick and the fast PC so some games are not supported for the new systems.
Trolling ?
He's not trolling, he's just clueless.

xlok1x

Heh. I'm having the same problems.

My system:
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
6 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Given that I can run Skyrim at nearly maxed out settings I would think I would be able to run super mario galaxy 2 in at least 2x native. But with 2x native, 2x filtering, and 2 samples AA I get 60% speed when I'm SITTING STILL.

I'm super clueless, what should I be tweaking to get decent quality/performance?
Don't compare PC games to Wii games. Overclock to get good speed in SMG 1/2

supremoqwer

mi pc es igual de poderosa o mas que la sulla yo solucione esos tipos de problemas de algunos juegos configurándolos de otra manera a la que ya viene, pero la mas eficiente es bajando el sonido como al 30%, quitar la pestañas de habilitar musica, y la aceleracion de audio
@mrhbrasil
@xlok1x

Both of you have a cpu that is too slow to run SMG at fullspeed regardless of your graphics settings. Either overclock or upgrade to sandy bridge.