Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AR not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kperry1408

So I'm using 3.0 and none of the AR codes seem to be working. I tried three different games--the first two, Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine, had a bunch of preloaded codes (I'm not sure how they got there, maybe they came with the ISO), none of which worked. For the third, Pokemon Colosseum, I found a bunch of codes online, from a variety of sources. None of them worked either, so I upgraded to the most recent release of Dolphin today.

Then I imported the ISO's, rightclicked and went to properties. It showed LOTS of error messages (three for every line of AR code I think) before opening the properties window--and when it did the codes were gone. It did this for all three games. I tried adding new code from other sources, and it added them fine, but when I ran the games it didn't do anything, and when I opened properties again it gave me the same errors. The error messages were:

Action Replay Error: invalid AR code line: <line of code>
The address is invalid
The code is invalid

...repeated over and over. What's wrong?!!! D:
Oh and I forgot to say, I'm using Windows 7, and I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my hardware
please be specific about the revision that you are using, 3.0 is different from 3.0-229 etc

you should use 3.0-228 or earlier for action replay codes (3.0-229 created this issue for windows users)

kperry1408

It's 3.0-235
The version I was using before that didn't work either just says 3.0, so maybe it was the original 3.0.
Oh and the windows 64-bit version of it

Ok so I downloaded 3.0-228, it doesn't give me the error message but the codes still don't seem to work.

Is there something that I need to do in-game to activate the Action Replay or something? The cheats are checkmarked in the 'properties' window and the 'manage cheats' window, and they have a + next to them in the .ini file, so they should be activated.
you need to enable cheats from Options > Configure

kperry1408

(12-21-2011, 04:48 PM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]you need to enable cheats from Options > Configure

Oh my gosh I can't believe it was that obvious, thank you so much!!! It works now!