Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Soul Caliber 2] Help with Speed (Not FPS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

StupidTangerine

The FPS and the VPS are fine just when I start an actual match, the speed goes down to 75% and it's really bugging me. As far as I'm concerned my PC is pretty decent so I'm not exactly sure why. Is there any way I can fix this back up to 100%?

Specs (don't know if they are right):
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 3580MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Some games are much more demanding than others. You can try to set recompiler to JITiL, disable fog and destination alpha pass, lock threads to cores, enable OpenMP texture decoder.
And check EFB copy settings - for this game it will be better to set it to texture, it will give you a bit more fps.

But for me 75% looks normal for your machine.
Post your settings but as ShadowFlash said 75% is quite fine

StupidTangerine

Okay thanks for your help, I tried your settings and they unfortunately did not work, but I appreciate the replies. TY!

(Actually, I find that SC2 at 75% speed may actually be more fun at 100% speed as it is near impossible at 100% speed i've heard Tongue)
(12-22-2011, 11:30 AM)StupidTangerine Wrote: [ -> ]Okay thanks for your help, I tried your settings and they unfortunately did not work, but I appreciate the replies. TY!

(Actually, I find that SC2 at 75% speed may actually be more fun at 100% speed as it is near impossible at 100% speed i've heard Tongue)

Haha Big Grin I didn't mean it was impossible I just said 75% was a good speed if you couldn't get more (but of course 100% is always better Tongue). Try to put FrameLimit off

StupidTangerine

(12-22-2011, 11:22 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2011, 11:30 AM)StupidTangerine Wrote: [ -> ]Okay thanks for your help, I tried your settings and they unfortunately did not work, but I appreciate the replies. TY!

Haha Big Grin I didn't mean it was impossible I just said 75% was a good speed if you couldn't get more (but of course 100% is always better Tongue). Try to put FrameLimit off

Oh yeah, sorry haha I tried putting FrameLimit off too but it just skyrockets up to 141% during the main menu and character select, but it always drops down during playing.

I've actually noticed that its going down to 68% so that might be some useful information (im using original settings with framelimit off, even with other settings though it still remains the same)

Disable audio throttle, then right click on the game in game list and check Accurate VBeam emulation.
there is nearly no animation in the main menu or cahracter select...
most games are always running with 100% there...
"INGAME" is the real thing...
you cant FIX that...
because you can't compare the static character select menu with dynamic field animation with fighting scenes...
in term of cpu power needed to emulate them... two different things

StupidTangerine

(12-23-2011, 03:37 PM)ShadowFlash Wrote: [ -> ]Disable audio throttle, then right click on the game in game list and check Accurate VBeam emulation.

WOW! TY very much, that actually boosted my game up to 100%! TY TY TY