Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: rip save game from wii for use in dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting a new computer in a few days. It will hopefully be able to run Dolphin half decently (integrated graphics though), and I'm pumped at the idea of playing Skyward Sword in high resolution. It won't be worth it if I have to replay through everything I've done so far though, and while I've searched and found info. on moving a saved game from one PC to another, I haven't found anything on pulling a saved game off of the Wii. How is this done?
Nevermind. I just found the answer. I think. We'll see when I get my computer set up.
(12-21-2011, 08:23 AM)4evrplan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting a new computer in a few days. It will hopefully be able to run Dolphin half decently (integrated graphics though), and I'm pumped at the idea of playing Skyward Sword in high resolution. It won't be worth it if I have to replay through everything I've done so far though, and while I've searched and found info. on moving a saved game from one PC to another, I haven't found anything on pulling a saved game off of the Wii. How is this done?

Assuming that your Wii is hacked, I would suggest using FTPii to copy the save games off of the Wii's file system. It basically creates a FTP server from your Wii that you can connect to from your PC. I did it and it worked perfectly.

If your Wii isn't hacked, I'm not sure if there is a way.
(12-21-2011, 10:44 AM)bdr9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2011, 08:23 AM)4evrplan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting a new computer in a few days. It will hopefully be able to run Dolphin half decently (integrated graphics though), and I'm pumped at the idea of playing Skyward Sword in high resolution. It won't be worth it if I have to replay through everything I've done so far though, and while I've searched and found info. on moving a saved game from one PC to another, I haven't found anything on pulling a saved game off of the Wii. How is this done?

Assuming that your Wii is hacked, I would suggest using FTPii to copy the save games off of the Wii's file system. It basically creates a FTP server from your Wii that you can connect to from your PC. I did it and it worked perfectly.

If your Wii isn't hacked, I'm not sure if there is a way.

Totally wrong, except for games that have online features. Just go to the SD card menu and copy the save.
(12-21-2011, 10:56 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Totally wrong, except for games that have online features. Just go to the SD card menu and copy the save.

Yeah, I read that somewhere after I'd posted. I still need to backup some actual games though. I've done some searching, but things seem to change pretty quick. What's the preferred way to do it now? My Wii is version 4.3U, slim, and I've got the HBC and Bootmii installed (Letterbomb rocks).
(12-22-2011, 12:51 AM)4evrplan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2011, 10:56 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Totally wrong, except for games that have online features. Just go to the SD card menu and copy the save.

Yeah, I read that somewhere after I'd posted. I still need to backup some actual games though. I've done some searching, but things seem to change pretty quick. What's the preferred way to do it now? My Wii is version 4.3U, slim, and I've got the HBC and Bootmii installed (Letterbomb rocks).

I use CleanRip on my 4.3U Wii. No cIOSs, and it dumps to NTFS or FAT32 in the USB or SD slot. It dumps in about 15 min for a Wii game.
I've been trying to get CleanRip (1.0.4) to work for the past few hours (on and off). First I tried plugging a 32GB USB flash drive into the back and dumping to that, but it would recognize it (got the 'couldn't mount device' error). Then I tried dumping to the SD in 1GB chunks. The first chunk would go off without a hitch. I'd erase it from the SD and do the next chunk. Once I tried to copy the second chunk to my computer, the first chunk would show up on the SD again, even though I'd erased it, and Windows would tell me it couldn't copy it because it was corrupted.
For the flash drive, make sure you chose the correct format. It's probably FAT32 and you selected NTFS. I recommend reformatting it to NTFS so you can dump Wii games in just 1 chunk. FAT32 is limited to files of less than 4GB.
I've been trying to use CleanRip for the past few hours (on and off). First I tried copying the chunks to a USB flash drive, but it wouldn't mount it, so I tried copying to the SD card. The first chunk seemed to work, but the second wouldn't copy to my computer. Windows said it was corrupt. Also, it looked like the first chunk was on the card too, even though I'd erased it before I ripped the second chunk (the two chunks are big enough they won't fit on the SD card at the same time).
Oops. That last post was just the same info. For some reason, the forum wasn't showing me post 6 or 7. Sorry.
The first time I tried it, it definitely wasn't formatted NTFS, though in retrospect, it could have been exFAT. I reformatted as NTFS and tried that, and it locked up.