Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [PATCH] 3rd party WiiMote recognition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

pal.sch

Hello,

i just tested my 3rd party Wiimote with the Bluesoleil stack and the Toshiba stack and found out, that the VID and PID are different on the stacks for the same wiimote.

Last year i submitted a patch for the 3rd party wiimotes, to recognise different VIDs/PIDs.
So the VID/PID of the Bluesoleil stack for my specific wiimote are already in the sourcecode. But this from the Toshiba stack aren't.

So i made a new patch for this. Now it recognise my 3rd party wiimote also with the toshiba stack.
I think it will help someone else too.

It would be nice, if this small patch would find a way to the sourcecode.

Bye

batma8

Does your patch make the buttons functional in dolphin, or just allow pairing? I have a wicked cool PowerA mini remote that is rock solid, built in motion plus, and very nice rubberized feel. It seems to pair ok, but none of the buttons actually work.

pal.sch

(12-25-2011, 05:06 PM)batma8 Wrote: [ -> ]Does your patch make the buttons functional in dolphin, or just allow pairing? I have a wicked cool PowerA mini remote that is rock solid, built in motion plus, and very nice rubberized feel. It seems to pair ok, but none of the buttons actually work.
Its only for the pairing. I must say, that the buttons also doesnt work.
The same wiimote works fine with the Bluesoleil stack, but with toshiba stack doesn't.

batma8

I got the buttons workin with blusoleil , crazy, but you have to run glovepie, hit run, then open dolphin. BAM buttons work. however, there seems to be a bit of delay in the buttons, just enough to drive a midget mad.

Just for ppl finding this thru google; I have a powera (power a) Mini remote wiimote, with the motion plus built in, and tried microsoft, toshiba, and bluesoleil, and nothing would recognize a button press. All apps manage to sync the wiimote to my junky 2 dollar bluetooth. The ONLY combo i got to a playable level was, bluesoleil, glovepie, dolphin.

Hope this helps a bunch. These wiimotes are hands down the best ive tried.

daveabear

Bro, Ive been looking months for this...It absolutely helps. THANKS FOR POSTING! Got it to work finally although I don't have to press run on glovepie (version 43?), simply press the "detect output to emulate" button under the GUI tab and leave it open while opening Dolphin. Hitting run makes it not work for me. It detects with bluesoleil and the buttons work, FINALLY...Gold! Now we will just have to wait until this power a type gets integrated into the next build...Hint, Hint. Thanks for these forums and the great info/all the hard work these guys put into developing this...Good times!

batma8

I know bud, i was soooo Fing frustrated with it all. I LOVE the mini wiimote, the motion plus is way more acurate. I finished Skyward Sword with the real wiimote, on dolphine, and the generic Power-A. The power-a let me kill the end dude first try, I could perform a skyward attack every single try, with the real Wiimote, I couldn't. Bluesoliel is a bit of a whore, but it works. At first everything was delayed, on my laptop. Tried it on my HTPC and everything was much more smooth. I hope to see more wiimote support in future dolphin updates, but already, dolphin is my favorite emulator for any system. The development crew are hard working, and just amazing. Everyone keep up the great hard work!!.

EMULATION NATION!!

glamboy

hello,
i'm a new user and ican't use a 3rd party wiimote (power a). I try to download the patch but i can't. can someone help me?
(02-11-2012, 08:03 AM)glamboy Wrote: [ -> ]hello,
i'm a new user and ican't use a 3rd party wiimote (power a). I try to download the patch but i can't. can someone help me?

Have you tried latest? It may help

glamboy

yes, i use the last version (3.0.291 in ubuntu repository).

thanks
Davide
(02-11-2012, 06:40 PM)glamboy Wrote: [ -> ]yes, i use the last version (3.0.291 in ubuntu repository).

That's not latest Tongue

I'm thinking this patch may not be needed any more as long as you use 3.0-417 or latter Wink