Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Full Screen Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, so my problem is this, i have the most recent version of Dolphin (3.0-235) and every time in any game ( in this case i´m trying Mario and Sonic Olympic Games 2012 ) I try to go full screen it gives me a error ( the classic Windows error if I want to send a report etc ) and Dolphin closes.

I´m still using Windows XP i don´t know if it´s because of that but I don´t think it is in the 1 and version 2 of the emulator I could play the games in fullscreen, so give me some help here please.

The settings are the default of the version i´m using (3.0 -235) I haven´t changed anything

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 2.83 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
Operating System: Windows XP
Try to resize your window "manually"
Does it also crash when you start the game in full screen?
(12-20-2011, 10:45 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Try to resize your window "manually"

Confused Can you explain better not sure I understood Tongue

(12-21-2011, 02:47 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it also crash when you start the game in full screen?

Hm, didn´t try that. How can I start a game in full screen?

Quote:I try to go full screen it gives me a error

How exactly are you doing this, ALT-ENTER?

Quote:Hm, didn´t try that. How can I start a game in full screen?

Go to Tools->Options and under Display tick the box next to Use Fullscreen.
what internal resolution did you use?
(12-22-2011, 09:37 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly are you doing this, ALT-ENTER?

I´ve tried with the ALT-ENTER "method" and also in the emulator clicking full-screen both ways it gives me the error.

(12-22-2011, 09:37 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Tools->Options and under Display tick the box next to Use Fullscreen.

Ok, just tried this and WORKED, but still any idea why this is happening is a bit weird so if I start the game in full-screen it works without problem but after the start i can´t do it also if i start in fullscreen and to try to resize to "window-screen" it gives me error.

(12-22-2011, 09:45 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]what internal resolution did you use?

1024x768, but i tried other resolutions and the result was the same.

Internal Resolution...
...gpu enchanchments...
could you set to 1x Native?
and try fullscreen
but why 1024x768? Ö_ö sounds somehow... old
(12-22-2011, 10:21 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]Internal Resolution...
...gpu enchanchments...
could you set to 1x Native?
and try fullscreen
but why 1024x768? Ö_ö sounds somehow... old

1x Native is the option that was choosed should I change it or leave it out it is?
I actually have this exact same problem but i always thought it was because my CPU was too weak, i always played with 'start the game in full screen' option so i never really bothered to find the cause of the problem, all i've noticed so far is that it only happens on wii games but sometimes i just get a black screen when i try to resize the window in anyway