Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Recording and FPS help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hiero

New guy here, I'm really quite at a loss for what to do, but here goes -

After having read through a variety of posts on the forum, it seems none of them have been able to help me in the ways I need.

Basically, I'm looking to record gameplay straight from Dolphin. Fraps is great, but when I play with it on my FPS dips down to ~35-45 FPS, depending on the game, audio doesn't sync up to the game correctly, and the game just looks slow and terrible in the final recording (since it really was slow in all actuality). I even have it writing to an external hard drive, and it doesn't make a lick of difference.

I've tried frame dumping, too, and used the how-to guide to do everything correctly, and it makes the game even slower than fraps does!

I also downloaded Game Booster to close out annoying background processes - still no help.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to boost my speed? I would love love LOVE to be able to play the game as close to full speed as I can whilst recording! I see people on YouTube who have perfectly recorded gameplay with fraps or dumping with little to no loss of speed at all, how can I get that without having an i7 (there were a few)?!?!

Please help!

My setup is:
AMD Athlon II X4 630
ATI Radeon 5750
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition
Sorry but without upgrading to better hardware or reducing your resolution I don't see anything else that you can do.