Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ISO's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

pareod

Hey guys I'm new here, and I'm sure this question has been asked before. Nonetheless, if someone could please walk me through opening my Wii game case to making it work on my pc. I don't have any ISO's nor do I know how to get them off my game disc.

Thanks guys,
Pareod

pareod

(12-18-2011, 02:53 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go: https://www.google.com/

...obviously if I'm posting here I've already tried researching it. I don't quite understand what to do. Is the Homebrew channel on the internet or Wii? How do I plug an SD card into my cpu? Is a Gamecube memory card an SD card? How does this work?
(12-19-2011, 08:30 AM)pareod Wrote: [ -> ]...obviously if I'm posting here I've already tried researching it. I don't quite understand what to do. Is the Homebrew channel on the internet or Wii? How do I plug an SD card into my cpu? Is a Gamecube memory card an SD card? How does this work?

The reason this isn't explained is because it's common knowledge. It sounds like you never heard of an SD card before. The homebrew channel must be downloaded from the Internet from a computer and installed on your wii from an SD card. SD cards aren't plugged into CPUs, they are plugged into SD card slots. If your computer doesn't have one, you'll have to find another computer to transfer the data over. And gamecube memory cards are not SD cards.
This is an SD card:
[Image: sandisk-2gb-sd-card.jpg]
(12-20-2011, 03:52 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]The homebrew channel must be downloaded from the Internet from a computer and installed on your wii from an SD card with the help of an exploit which is compatible with your current version of the System Menu (such as LetterBomb on 4.3 only, BannerBomb on 4.1/4.2 or older, as well as those game-specific exploits that almost always are compatible).

^Expanded. Basically, this is basically the first step in the Wii method for being able to rip/dump games from your own discs; once the Homebrew Channel is installed (with the BootMii installer IIRC), applications (also known as "homebrew") such as CleanRip or DVD Dumper can be installed on the SD card and then run on the Wii.

Either that, or the PC drive method (requiring one of those DVD drives) that admin89 suggested above.

pareod

Okay, so basically use a USB or SD card (which one?) chip to get homebrew on my Wii. How would I put the channel on the SD card from my CPU? Then use the disk rip feature to extract the ISO onto the SD card. Then somehow get the ISO onto the CPU. I've searched and found an SD card reader that will plug into a USB port on a CPU, will I need that?
(12-22-2011, 12:55 AM)pareod Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so basically use a USB or SD card (which one?) chip to get homebrew on my Wii. How would I put the channel on the SD card from my CPU? Then use the disk rip feature to extract the ISO onto the SD card. Then somehow get the ISO onto the CPU. I've searched and found an SD card reader that will plug into a USB port on a CPU, will I need that?

Just go here: Softmod guide

There is everything and I do mean EVERYTHING you need to know here without asking questions on this forum. Think of this as Bill and Teds last journey to go and get good at playing music before coming back to rock out San Dimas High School.

Now go forth and get to know that site intimately before posting here again and make sure you are only using backups of discs you own. Wink