Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Megaman X Collection speed issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying to get the Megaman X Collection to run properly and I'm having an issue. Movie scenes and the menu screens run fine, but when I actually start playing one of the games (I've tested this on 1 and 3 so far) is when the problem starts. Originally I was having two issues: weird graphical bugs and the game running too fast. At one point while tinkering with the settings I got the speed working properly, I don't recall how. Then I accidentally closed the game and when I reopened it, the speed was too high again even though I hadn't changed anymore settings. I eventually fixed the graphics by changing the internal resolution to Auto (window size), but I'm still having the speed issue.
I tried turning on audio throttling, and frame limiting, and the game will tell me it's running at 100% speed with 60 vps and 60 fps. If I turn the fps to 30 or 35, the game seems to run at about the right speed but the audio has become significantly slowed down and distorted. I haven't tested whether lowering the fps affects the movie scenes either, but I think it might considering that they seem to run at normal speeds when the game is on 60 fps. If anyone can help me figure how to make the games and audio run at proper speeds I'd appreciate it.
Could you provide more information about your specs and settings.
I don't think Megaman X Collection should be that of a demanding game, if you have dumped the necessary files to use DSP LLE try that to see if it fixes the distorted sound.

I usually have Frame Limit set to Auto and Audio Throttle OFF. I take it as it is a NTSC-U version of the game so 60 VPS and 60 FPS should be correct.
I don't think my specs are the issue... I've got an i7 processor and an ATI Radeon HD 5730 graphics card. I'm running on Windows 7. I don't think LLE will help either -- the sound is only distorted when I slow the game down, because it slows the sound down, too. According to the game, the FPS and VPS should indeed be at 60 for it to be running at 100% speed. The problem is, at 100% speed the sound is perfect but the game itself is way too fast. Also, I made a little mistake in my first post: the movie scenes are also sped up, I just didn't realize it at first. I've messed with both the frame limit options as well as audio throttle but neither have fixed it; slowing the game down to 35 fps seems to make the game run at about the right speed but it looks less fluid.
For my graphics settings, I have my backend set to Direct3D9, and the other backends didn't fix the issue. For enhancements, I have internal resolution set to auto (window size), anti aliasing to none, and anisotropic filtering to 1x. The only option I have checked is scaled EFB copy. Under hacks, I have skip EFB access from cpu checked, and ignore format changes checked. I also have texture checked for EFB copies, the texture cache slider moved all the way to safe, and the external frame buffer set to virtual. The only 'other' option I have checked is disable per-pixel depth. Nothing is checked under advanced.
Under my config options, I have enable dual core and enable idle skipping checked. Framelimit is on auto and the emulator engine is JIT recompiler. Audio is using HLE, and enable DTK Music and audio throttle are checked. The backend is DSound and the sample rate is 4800 Hz, both of which did nothing to help when I tried changing them.
OK, well I don't really know how this game is supposed to run on a real GameCube since I only own the PS2 version of the game.
How fast would you say the game is? Is it kinda like fast-forward fast?
Disable Dual Core. Put Texture Cache to "Safer". Check "Real" in External Frame Buffer. The sound will suck even with LLE
Yeah, I'd definitely call it fast-forward fast. Like, the game is moving at almost twice the speed it should be going at, except the music is running at normal speed. Switching the external frame buffer to real made the graphics glitchy again, and disabling dual core made the sound suck but didn't even fix the speed problem. If there's a workaround that doesn't involve breaking the sound that'd be great, otherwise I could always just turn the music off and limit the fps to 35...
It's right.
The game is running at almost twice the speed it should be going at, except the music is playing at normal speed.
If "limit by FPS" checked, the game is running at normal speed, but the music is playing at half speed.
Using XFB will fix this. But choose "Virtual" rather than "Real"