Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CreatePixelshaderFromByteCode failed....SOLVED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SenorPickle

I had been getting the error:
"CreatePixelshaderFromByteCode failed at Src D3Dshader.cpp 151" after playing Zelda:Skyward Sword and restarting Dolphin. I'm using 3.0-243 build with the 12/8/2011 version of the Motion+ emulated.

Everybody I saw that asked this question got hit back with a "Upgrade your whack hardware." I'm rocking a PhenomII X4 and a GeForce GTX560Ti so it's clearly not a matter of incapable hardware.

What solved my problem was navigating to the Dolphin\User\ directory and deleting/renaming the "ShaderCache" file. It was only crashing when DX11 was enabled, and it was only crashing AFTER I had played awhile, so clearly I needed to find out what changed, and what changed was that Cache folder.

Hope this can help anyone encountering similar problems.
(12-16-2011, 10:14 AM)SenorPickle Wrote: [ -> ]I had been getting the error:
"CreatePixelshaderFromByteCode failed at Src D3Dshader.cpp 151" after playing Zelda:Skyward Sword and restarting Dolphin. I'm using 3.0-243 build with the 12/8/2011 version of the Motion+ emulated.

Everybody I saw that asked this question got hit back with a "Upgrade your whack hardware." I'm rocking a PhenomII X4 and a GeForce GTX560Ti so it's clearly not a matter of incapable hardware.

Most of the "CreatePixelShaderFromByteCode failed at Src/d3dshader.cpp" threads mentioned a failure at line ~84, which is far from the line 151 your error message mentioned.
So naturally the cause for your problem wouldn't necessarily be linked to your GPU, as you just found out that emptying the ShaderCache folder fixed your problem.

Oh, and I didn't remember seeing *your* error message before as well (well, the only other time was here). Most other reports I've seen (crashing with "Clearing code cache" upon booting a game) didn't even mention getting any error at all, apparently.
So I'd just suggest people to clear the ShaderCache folder when they start getting such crashes, regardless of whether they did get a CreatePixelShaderFromByteCode failure.