Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Not Rendering Properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Afide

Does anyone know why it would render the video like this?
Using Dolphin 3.0-232 64-bit on Mac (possibly OSX with OpenGL?), running the game "Family Game Night 3" (what region?)... That's all the information you gave us so far.
What about you gave us some more? Your computer specs (preferably in your forum signature)? Your graphical settings in Dolphin? Try going there, disabling hacks, turning enhancements down, enabling XFB emulation, etc.

Make sure to take a look at the rules (specifically this one) before posting. They can save your time, as well as making our time more worth using (by not having us ask all these questions above).

Lemme see if I can find a setting that fixes a similar graphic problem but for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince... --> The only thing that worked was having EFB copies to RAM instead of Texture. This likely will impact performance significantly.
This often happens with the OpenGL backend if you're starting emulation twice without shutting down the emulator inbetween. As a workaround, try restarting the emulator before you're trying to re-run a game.

If that's not the cause, maybe you've enabled XFB emulation (in particular real XFB?). If you don't have it enabled in the global graphics settings, make sure to check the game specific settings for that.

Fwiw, this is a problem with our crappy OpenGL backend anyway. Use something else if you can.

Afide

[quote='Dimitri' pid='187713' dateline='1323945488']
......[/qoute]

More better? lol

And it doesn't really matter what settings I use, I am having the same issue. King of annoying really. :[
Do what neobrain said : Close your game and the emulator. Restart the emulator. Run the game. If it doesn't work try again. It should work
Looks like XFB issue to me. Setting XFB to real often causes similar glitches.
Quote:This often happens with the OpenGL backend if you're starting emulation twice without shutting down the emulator inbetween. As a workaround, try restarting the emulator before you're trying to re-run a game.
Hmm, it's Windows-only or radeon-only bug ? Newer saw such thing on linux.
Happens to me with fglrx if I enable Real XFB (indeed only when running two games without restarting Dolphin though).

Afide

(12-16-2011, 01:46 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Do what neobrain said : Close your game and the emulator. Restart the emulator. Run the game. If it doesn't work try again. It should work

Don't you think I tried when he said that, no dice dude.

therockof2004

im having the same problem i have EFB copies to RAM instead of Texture and it works but with low fps and the colors are faded and off this looks like a fun game to play but im not sure if my computer can run it well it should i play BF3 with no problem so any help would be nice

ps:im not sure how much info i need to give but i can give a full list of settings if i need to thank so much to any one who could help(:
(01-31-2012, 01:41 PM)therockof2004 Wrote: [ -> ]im having the same problem i have EFB copies to RAM instead of Texture and it works but with low fps and the colors are faded and off this looks like a fun game to play but im not sure if my computer can run it well it should i play BF3 with no problem so any help would be nice

ps:im not sure how much info i need to give but i can give a full list of settings if i need to thank so much to any one who could help(:
forgot pc specs Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Processor/CPU: Intel i5 m430 @2.27GHz
Video Card/GPU: Nivida GTS 360m
Memory/RAM: 4.00 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-377 dirty
well hello everyone i am new here.
came here just to tell you i am having 2 big issues.
1: this game has horrible graphics, bugged i guess. not only layers are incorrect, but the resolution its set to 2.5 native and i am getting familycom graphics!
here a shot. if you need any info please let me know.
using dx9 btw. dx11 its slow and gives me low-end graphics, and never use openGL my pc cannot handle dolphin+the openGL graphics lol.
[attachment=8203]

ow, btw my 2 issue its according super smash bros melee, my game crashes randomly on any battle. but thats a matter for another thread i guess lol ^_^
Pages: 1 2