Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay desync fixed!! and ip problem..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NewVirtue

hello I am pretty new to netplay and i think i found something very helpful[/b] to netplay users. also i need some help lol. i appologize if anything here is already common knowledge to others.

ok well for the help me please part.
I am having trouble with the whole ip thing. i cant connect with my friend. i have two dolphins on my computer and ive tested it on my own side using the ip my command prompt gives me. it works however when i give it to my friend it doesnt. also that ip is different from the ip that google and all the online sites give him. idk which one i am supposed to be using but neither work. i think it might have something to do with my router or isp but i dont know enough to ask the right questions. can you please help me?

ok for fixing desync. i noticed when running two dolphins on my computer that in melee the stage things activate at different times and items drop differently. its mentioned somewhere about desync in a tutorial being inevitable with random things.
i havent tested this on true netplay cause i cant connect to ppl yet...but if i use cheat engine (free program) and i attach it to the dolphins then click "unrandomizer" then i get no desyncs. the same items fall for both games. the giant missle on the roof stage hits at the same time. everything is perfect.

once again i'd like to say that im new here so if there is an easier solution then i apologize. its just i didnt see it mentioned in the tutorial that i read so yea. also please help me with my ip problem lol
Following the instructions of the netplay dialog should also prevent such desyncs.

NewVirtue

well even after following the instructions when playing melee ive had like a capsule in one game turn into a mine while the capsule in the other game turns into a lightsaber. this "fix" is my attempt at fixing those types of desyncs, not lag desyncs.
lag should not cause desyncs.
The command ipconfig only gives you your local IP, that will only work with those in your own home/local network.

In order to share it with your friend, you'll have to get your real IP adress and give it to him.
You can see what it is on What is my IP Address.

In the Netplay dialogue you see a port section where you can choose a port to play through.
You can change that ofcourse, but you must forward that port from your router/modem.

NewVirtue

(12-15-2011, 07:35 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]The command ipconfig only gives you your local IP, that will only work with those in your own home/local network.

In order to share it with your friend, you'll have to get your real IP adress and give it to him.
You can see what it is on What is my IP Address.

In the Netplay dialogue you see a port section where you can choose a port to play through.
You can change that ofcourse, but you must forward that port from your router/modem.

ty for the feedback. i found a guide about some other game that had netplay and like u said it was about the port forwarding. its working now