Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Please help me buying what I need to run dolphin properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I read that there are some very nice and helpful users in this forums that maybe would be eager to help me.
If that is the case, please help me building a gaming PC that would be able to run games such as Mario Galaxy 2, the new Zelda, etc, without getting issues like too much lag, few frames, and all that): I own a Nintendo Wii, but I believe that playing on my Sammy HD looks very bad in my opinionSad Christmas is around the corner, and maybe there will be drop prices in video cards and such items I could need!

To begin with, I do know about some stuff about computers, but not so much about building a gaming computer and choosing between videocards, about bottleneck, about a different power supply and that kind of stuff. So please don't get mad at me for my ignorance in pc gaming.

Well I have an HP p6733w, and its specifications are provided here:
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupp...peId=12454

I am willing to spend some $200, if that is not enough please let me know. I would like to buy from amazon, newegg, or other reliable sites with good prices.
I own a PS3, so I am not so much interested in running games like GTA4 or Crysis 2, I know that would be very expensive.

Well, I hope someone has the time to read my thread, and help me. If you feel lazy, it is fine if someone wants to help me later, not today, I can wait, but please don't close my thread): I could give you my email is you feel like helping me by email. Thanks in advance.

Hi VillagePeople,

Thanks for providing all the information, it's rare to find these days.

Quote:So, I read that there are some very nice and helpful users in this forums that maybe would be eager to help me.
Haha, who told you that? :O

Quote:to run games such as Mario Galaxy 2, the new Zelda, etc, without getting issues like too much lag, few frames, and all that
Quote:I am willing to spend some $200, if that is not enough please let me know.
Okay, if you want to play Mario Galaxy 2 and Zelda at fullspeed, without lagging too much and such. You'll have to raise your budget.

You have a N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX motherboard, an AMD CPU, no videocard and a crappy PSU. You're going to have to replace these.

The prices have raised a lot since AMD officially gave up... so look at the total costs below.

These are the specs I would recommend; they are also futureproof:
CPU
Intel Corei5 2500K
Price: $219.99

Motherboard
MSI P67S-C43 (B3)
Price: $89.99

GPU
XFX HD-6670
Price: $83.99

PSU
COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus 550 Watts
Price: $59.99

Total price: $453,96

I tried to keep it as cheap as possible. If you really can't spend this much, please give your max budget and I'll try to get something in that vicinity.

It is too much for my budget I only have like $400 left for now and I will need some of that money for other things Undecided I did not know processor were that expensive honestly! x3 I thought just a videocard would do the job haha u.u

I am dissapointed because I paid almost $700 for this PC at Walmart! some months ago, yeah I did not know about shopping online and building your own PC and all that stuff:/

Well thank you very much for the help I really appreciate it^^ At the most I would spend $300, maybe I could wait some months for the processor to lower in price? someday Angel Thank you though ^^
Downgrading the CPU and GPU a bit.

CPU
Intel i3 2100
Price: $124.99

Motherboard
MSI P67S-C43 (B3)

GPU
XFX HD-6570
Price: $69.99

PSU

Total Price: $344,96

This rig should do very good for emulating aswell. But it's not as futureproof/powerful as the one i posted before.
And it's not overclockable either.

(12-14-2011, 08:00 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Downgrading the CPU and GPU a bit.

CPU
Intel i3 2100
Price: $124.99

Motherboard
MSI P67S-C43 (B3)

GPU
XFX HD-6570
Price: $69.99

PSU

Total Price: $344,96

This rig should do very good for emulating aswell. But it's not as futureproof/powerful as the one i posted before.
And it's not overclockable either.
Oh with futureproof you mean that I could play future PC games? Like let's say maybe GTA5 once it is released? If that is what you mean, then maybe I could invest some more in there. I hardly can play PC Games with this PC! haha (:
Sure, these setups are way better than you have right now.
PC games require a fast GPU though, if you plan to play at high resolutions, max settings etc.
Dolphin requires a fast CPU, and requires a decent GPU for the enhancements.
If you want to run mario galaxy 2 perfectly,you need to spend $400 or more on new motherboard and new procesor. If you can live with it having some sound issues,then you dont have to buy new cpu,since phenom II X2 is not that bad.
In that case I would recomend you buy new graphics card,for $200 you can find pretty decent card which would also enable you to play a lot of pc games-with integrated card you have now you cant play any pc games properly.
I would suggest geforce 560 or 560 ti