Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Too good to be true? (job related)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I got a call today from my new boss and he offered me an assignment that felt like too good to be true.

It's web developing (C# and SQL Server) for a major Swedish telecom company. It's a small environment with 1 or 2 other guys and very little stress.

However it requires me to move 400 kilometers (around 249 miles) away from where I live now.
I thought getting an accommodation and apartment was going to be tough but it turns out they'll get you one and they're paying for it.

On top of that there is other benefits you'll get, like more payment, bonuses, education (certification), health care etc.

I resigned from my other job a while ago and it turned out it was the best choice of my life.

I still think it's too good to be true but it's very much real.
All that hard work in the past is finally starting to pay off.

I'm starting either this year or next year in January, I'm kind excited which is the first time in a long while.
That indeed sounds too good to be true.
You should ask more detail like how many months they'll pay the rent for you and how much education you'll get from them etc.

So I take you accepted the job?

I'm curious as to how it unfolds, so keep us updated!
(12-14-2011, 01:45 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]That indeed sounds too good to be true.
You should ask more detail like how many months they'll pay the rent for you and how much education you'll get from them etc.

So I take you accepted the job?

I'm curious as to how it unfolds, so keep us updated!

From what he told me, they pay for it no matter how long the assignment is.
He said that the assignment could be up to a year or longer.

He was going to call me later when he knew the exact start date, but I can't be that stupid turning down an offer like this.
Hmmmm wonder if I will get a job offer. I take master in physics. IDK really what for, just having fun:p I read it's popular for employers though.
i know that kind of jobs...
in 1 or 2 years the service contract is gone...
and chairmans are saying...
why extending the contract? everything works just fine... Wink

but just take it...
its one year of joy
Quote:Hmmmm wonder if I will get a job offer. I take master in physics. IDK really what for, just having funTongue I read it's popular for employers though.

A job offer can appear when you least expect it, this time it went really fast here.
But getting a job as a developer is quite easy here in Sweden.

Quote:but just take it...
its one year of joy

Yeah I don't really care how long it is, it's going to be fun no matter what. I live on the west coast today so the east coast is going to be a new world or something.
Congratulations for your promotion Big Grin Good job is always rewarded. Jump on the opportunity
Thanks!

Sometimes in the past I felt like throwing in the towel and starting with something new, but I somehow always returned to what I know and can best.
I guess development is just what I should be doing and now I see that it pays off.
Yes I can understand that. I had to diversify my activities but I came back to what I prefered above all. It's important to find a fulfilling activity. A kind of way to happiness Wink
Heh, I remember when you were so busy you had even to stop coming to the forums ^^
Congrats it was rewarded Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3