Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword Saving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I just started the game two days ago and its working relatively well. Problem is (I've had this happen twice), my save file gets corrupted or deleted randomly upon starting the game up. I don't wish to start over again. Could anybody recommend a fix or a more relizble saving method. I'm considering just using save states, which from my experience never get corrupted. Also, if anybody has a save file from just after you meet the elder kikwi, could you send it to me so I don't have to replay the beginning?
(12-13-2011, 10:21 AM)dfairbanks06 Wrote: [ -> ]So I just started the game two days ago and its working relatively well. Problem is (I've had this happen twice), my save file gets corrupted or deleted randomly upon starting the game up. I don't wish to start over again. Could anybody recommend a fix or a more relizble saving method. I'm considering just using save states, which from my experience never get corrupted. Also, if anybody has a save file from just after you meet the elder kikwi, could you send it to me so I don't have to replay the beginning?

Well let's just say in reality the completely opposite of what you think is happening, save states are unreliable and can cause issues with your native saves which are reliable.
(12-13-2011, 11:38 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2011, 10:21 AM)dfairbanks06 Wrote: [ -> ]So I just started the game two days ago and its working relatively well. Problem is (I've had this happen twice), my save file gets corrupted or deleted randomly upon starting the game up. I don't wish to start over again. Could anybody recommend a fix or a more relizble saving method. I'm considering just using save states, which from my experience never get corrupted. Also, if anybody has a save file from just after you meet the elder kikwi, could you send it to me so I don't have to replay the beginning?

Well let's just say in reality the completely opposite of what you think is happening, save states are unreliable and can cause issues with your native saves which are reliable.

Except I wasn't using save states when my in-game save files got corrupted.
(12-13-2011, 11:40 AM)dfairbanks06 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2011, 11:38 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]

Except I wasn't using save states when my in-game save files got corrupted.
To be on the safe side you should never use them. If you played from the beginning of the game up to that point without using save states then something else might be wrong. Otherwise they might have messed up your save file.
Savestates are much more reliable these days. I went through about 30 saving and loading with Skyward Sword recently and not one of them didn't work.
(12-13-2011, 11:44 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Savestates are much more reliable these days. I went through about 30 saving and loading with Skyward Sword recently and not one of them didn't work.

True, still they are definitely not better than native saves when it comes to reliability(which the op says).
(12-13-2011, 11:47 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2011, 11:44 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Savestates are much more reliable these days. I went through about 30 saving and loading with Skyward Sword recently and not one of them didn't work.

True, still they are definitely not better than native saves when it comes to reliability(which the op says).

I've never had issues with native states before this, so I understand their reliability is generally very good. That's why this problem seems odd to me.
(12-13-2011, 11:58 AM)dfairbanks06 Wrote: [ -> ]

I've never had issues with native states before this, so I understand their reliability is generally very good. That's why this problem seems odd to me.

Imo unless you close dolphin during saving it is pretty unlikely for them to get corrupted like that. For me it never happened actually in any game and i use dolphin for years, but then again i avoid save states unless i get really stuck somewhere or it is necessary to close the emulator immediately.
See this issue here http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=4972, personally i have more than 100 hours in that game without any saving issues whatsoever, only using native saves.
(12-13-2011, 12:16 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2011, 11:58 AM)dfairbanks06 Wrote: [ -> ]

Imo unless you close dolphin during saving it is pretty unlikely for them to get corrupted like that. For me it never happened actually in any game and i use dolphin for years, but then again i avoid save states unless i get really stuck somewhere or it is necessary to close the emulator immediately.
See this issue here http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=4972, personally i have more than 100 hours in that game without any saving issues whatsoever, only using native saves.

I'm just going to try backing up my saves more often and replacing them if I have issues again.
PLEASE SEND ME A SAVE STATE (SOUP01.so1) in ancient cistern, if possible just after beating the four armed skeleton and obtaining the whip, because the game freez when i unlock the door to the skeleton room.

I'M counting on you
Pages: 1 2