Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fullscreen resolutions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Crosmando

Hello,

First time posting here and not exactly sure where these questions would go (redirect my queries if this is the wrong place), but anyway I'm thinking of buying a Wii, my experience with Dolphin was been generally good but I like to place games on their original platform.

Anyway, I noticed that when the "fullscreen resolution" in graphics config is not set to my monitors resolution (1920x1080) the game looks awful in full screen, but when it is, it magically looks really good, like all the textures are upgraded.

If I were to plug a Wii into a HDTV which uses the same res, would that trick work too? And yes I'd be using those component cables you can buy.
Hi Crosmando,

Your "fullscreen resolution" isn't the reason that the graphics start looking good. It's the Internal Resolution that takes care of that.
I'm sure yours is set to 'Auto' hence it changing when you alter your fullscreen resolution.

Quote:If I were to plug a Wii into a HDTV which uses the same res, would that trick work too? And yes I'd be using those component cables you can buy.
No, ofcourse not. The Wii is build to only output a resolution of around 480p (depending on the game). It will upscale to 1080p ofcourse, but it will look bad.

If you want it to look pretty, you're better off playing via Dolphin.