Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: kernal32 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

artician

Hi! I just discovered this emulator for the first time. It looks amazing. However I downloaded version 3.0 and 3.0-226, and when I try to run the executable in either version I receive this error:

---------------------------
Dolphin.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point ReleaseSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
OK

I wasn't able to find any information elsewhere, so hopefully someone here has an answer?
I'm running WinXP64 on a high-end workstation of my own.

Thank you for any help!
Dolphin is not supported on XP64 unless you're compiling Dolphin yourself.
Try an old revision. XP64 support has been discontinued, I believe.

artician

(12-12-2011, 06:52 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Try an old revision. XP64 support has been discontinued, I believe.

Man.... Is that much trouble to upkeep?

Thanks anyway.

Typing "The procedure entry point ReleaseSRWLockExclusive could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" in the forum search bar yields no results, whereas the same query but without the ".dll" at the end DOES show this thread and another one. Weird, huh? To avoid this quirk, make sure NOT to type extensions near file names (including the dot) in the query...

As mentioned on the thread linked to above, 32-bit builds should work with "XP x64" , as well as modified builds/compilations (such as lamedude's one) that "disables" the appropriate defines.