Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and Notebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can guarantee you that cpu isn't going to run SMG/SMG2 at fullspeed. As for the cooling, that's completely normal. Laptops are SUPPOSED to not overheat.
hm, that's okay. But what about other games, such as Mario Kart Wii or New Super Mario Bros Wii? If Super Mario Galaxy isn't running well, no matter. The main thing is, that most of the Wii and GameCube games are running well. Wink

Maybe I'll buy me the same notebook, but with more RAM and and a i5 2430M processor.

But I'll be well served by a system like this, won't i?

MOST games should run well. Just make sure both the cpu and gpu are decent.
That's fine. Thank you Wink

Just a last question. There are many modifications of Dolphin, such as this one -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=9549

Should I use the original Dolphin or a optimized modification?
I'm not I would use the words "optimized modifications" to describe those. They are unofficial builds. The builds you linked to are compiled using ICC instead of VCC. It doesn't really matter. I would use the official 3.0 release if I were you.
ok, thanks Smile
Sorry for the doppelposting, but I have a little question again.

I found a Notebook from Lenovo (IdeaPad Z570) for only 600€ with an Intel Core i7 2670QM @ 2.20GHz (with Turbo Boost 3.10GHz). Dolphin can only use 2 Cores, so this Intel i7 processor will stop at 3.00GHz if Dual Core is on. Furthermore, the Notebook has a Nvidia GeForce GT 540M (1024MB), 4GB RAM and a special Thermal Management System.

Is this good enough? I think so Wink
special Thermal Management System?
sounds like downclocking...
or do you think there is "MECHANICAL" system included? Wink

but jeah the cpu is fine for most games...
not the heavy games..
zelda
super mario
metroid
and so on
Concerning the Thermal Management System: With this, you can control the CPU fan on a very easy wayWink

Ok, thank you for the anwer. Wink But can you tell me, which games exactly are "heavy"?
Quote:But can you tell me, which games exactly are "heavy"?

Super mario galaxy 1/2, donkey kong country returns, skyward sword, metroid prime 1/2/3, just to name a few.

That's about as good as you're going to get for a laptop though, except for the gpu. Certain games need a high end desktop to run at fullspeed.
Pages: 1 2 3