Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dumping frames from recorded video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

canopee

Hello, I've been using Dolphin for some time to record my NSMBW videos. While the game plays at 100% speed without recording it, the speed drops to ~10% when I record the level with resolution of 1080p, EFB to RAM and using the LLE recompiler. I know this has solely to do with my pc specs. Now since it's possible to dump audio too, I always had the problem that the resulting audio would be ~1-3 sec. longer/min. than the video file. This isn't a problem either by using WaveLab or similar to correct that.

But now I'm having the problem that I want to record a very long level that I made recently. With the 10% speed the recording is running, it would probably take 90-120 mins. for me to record the level. Problem is that when I die or make another slight error, I have to do the whole recording again.
- Dolphin (tried v3.204 and some other revisions) crashes when I try to use savestates while dumping frames.
- When I record the level to .dtm (playing them back only works with some revisions for me, not 3.0) the playback of the recording is slightly faster than supposed to, and when dumping the frames while playing back the recording, the playback is much faster (out of sync), and Mario does unpredictable things.

My Dolphin settings:
PAL NSMBW
Dual Core: on (turned off for TAS recording)
Idle skipping: on (turned off for TAS recording)
DSP LLE recompiler
DSP LLE on Thread
Dump audio / Dump frames
Framelimit: auto / Enable audio throttle: off
Direct 3D9 @ 1920:1080
EFB Copies to RAM
External Frame Buffer: Virtual
Patches: Speed hack
No cheats

PC specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2666MHz
4GB DDR2 @ 400MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

What would be the best way to record my level?
Thanks for your help!! Smile

canopee

I forgot to say that I use Dolphin 3.0-204-dirty and for recording to .dtm I use Dolphin r7144.