Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting to know dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

vodoochild81

So I am just starting to use dolphin and I think its awesome...but a few key games run really slowly like Donkey Kong Returns xenosaga and Mario Galaxy 2. I have a 2.80 quad core mac pro with 10 gigs of ram and a nvidia 8800 GT...It is a Mac Pro but I run dolphin in windows because it does not work for me in OSX... Do you have to have a MUCH more powerful comp to really take advantage of dolphin or am I just not doing something right in the settings?

By a rule of thumb if u have a wii that will always be the less buggy, smoothest experience despite the horrible resolution?
more cpu power. no need for that much ram.
nobody needs that much ram.
Even 900 Euro PCs can do better than your mac pro
Xenosaga? I didn't knew Dolphin works with PS2 games. Jokes aside, Dolphin needs as much power as you can get with your money, simple as that.
He owns a Mac, so he has tons of Money...

Cheapest Mac Pro is over 1000 Euro
(12-04-2011, 11:24 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]He owns a Mac, so he has tons of Money...

Cheapest Mac Pro is over 1000 Euro

Lul ^^ lets not judge XD
Why anyone would waste 1000 euros buying a Mac to play games is beyond me.
And the fact that you have to install Windows is even more WHY.

Why not spend those euros either buying a decent computer or the parts and build one on your own.
You can get a really good setup in the range of 1000 euros and then enjoy Dolphin as it should be enjoyed, under Windows from the start.
Actually it's € 2.399,00

High-end rig with four GPUs Big Grin
(12-05-2011, 12:41 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Why anyone would waste 1000 euros buying a Mac to play games is beyond me.
And the fact that you have to install Windows is even more WHY.

Why not spend those euros either buying a decent computer or the parts and build one on your own.
You can get a really good setup in the range of 1000 euros and then enjoy Dolphin as it should be enjoyed, under Windows from the start.

I guess 95% of Mac users usually buy a Mac for other reasons (I mean not to play). But we can't blame them from wanting to play and above all when it's a great emulator such as Dolphin Wink
Yeah well there's always Hackintosh in case they miss the bloat.