Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 2500k and Z68 Overclock help please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know if is safe oc my CPU (3770 without k)?

I see some post saying that "it can cause damage to other components"

Is there any safe or minimum oc that will not cause damage? Or better from how many GHz starts to get dangerous?

It's possible get 4.2GHz or 4.3GHz without cause damage?

My mother board is the "Asus P8Z77-V LX" and my cooler is the "Cooler Master Hyper 612"
If you don't set the VCore too high and and your cooling system is good, you won't damage your CPU. Just make sure, that the temps are okay.
Yes you should be able to reach 4.3GHz
Everyone usually has a different opinion on what's a safe core voltage for any CPU in question. For i5-3770 the maximum specified voltage the chip is designed to take is 1.52V but you should never go near that absolute maximum. The guys over at Intel think that for the daily use of Sandy Bridge CPUs if you don't go over 1.375V it should not affect the lifespan of your chip in any significant manner. I would trust that more than other opinions.

Also remember that if you use auto/offset voltage your CPU will power down when idle or under light load so the vast majority of the time the voltage will be something like ~1V anyway. If you use fixed voltage (which often is easier to make stable) then it will stay at that voltage at all times.

Personally when overclocking my i5-2500k I just used the automated settings from the bios for 4.5 GHz and after running tests it was stable with both voltage and temps well under control so I didn't bother manually adjusting anything.
THX for the replys Smile

Overclocking With A Locked Sandy Bridge CPU

Can i oc like that forum said?
I've read that guide sometime last year and it seemed fine to me.
(11-17-2012, 09:17 AM)n-fani Wrote: [ -> ]I've read that guide sometime last year and it seemed fine to me.
But, can i just change the turbo ratio to 108 to get 4.2GHz (4.21GHz)and not change the other options?

Did I really need change DRAM Timings to [color=Blue]CAS Latency[/color] - [color=Red]8[/color][color=#333333][color=Blue]RAS to CAS Delay[/color][/color][color=#333333] - [/color][color=#333333][color=Red]9[/color][/color]
[color=#333333][color=Blue]RAS Pre Time[/color][/color][color=#333333] - [/color][color=Red][color=Red][color=#333333]8[/color][/color][/color]
[color=Blue][color=Blue][color=#333333]RAS ACT Time[/color][/color][/color][color=#333333] - [/color][color=Red][color=Red][color=#333333]24[/color][/color][/color]
[color=Blue][color=Blue][color=#333333]DRAM Command Mode[/color][/color][/color][color=#333333] - [/color][color=Red][color=Red][color=#333333]1T[/color][/color][/color]
[color=Red][color=Red][color=#333333]
[/color][/color][/color]
[color=Red][color=Red][color=#333333]and the [/color][/color][/color]CPU Voltage [color=Red]- Manual Mode[/color][color=Blue][color=Red][color=Blue]CPU Manual Voltage[/color] - 1.12v[/color][/color][color=Blue][color=Red]
[/color]DRAM Voltage - [color=Red]1.5v [/color]
[/color]
[color=Blue][color=Red]
[/color]
[/color]
Can i use those settings? or i need change something? (I really don't know anything about oc :p )
Turbo ratio 108? No, no. The BCLK should be 100 and multiplier (Turbo Ratio By All Cores) should be 1/100 of what clock speed you are trying to achieve.

For example if you want 4.0 GHz you should set it to 40, if you are going for 4.2 GHz set it to 42 and so on.

Ram timings need to be changed if in your bios they are different than what it says on your RAM module(s). Auto should usually set them to the correct values but not always so you might want to check.

Just read the guide carefully if you want to use it. If you use Google for a bit you will surely find other guides for OCing that chip+mother board combo specifically.
(11-17-2012, 09:50 AM)n-fani Wrote: [ -> ]Turbo ratio 108? No, no. The BCLK should be 100 and multiplier (Turbo Ratio By All Cores) should be 1/100 of what clock speed you are trying to achieve.

For example if you want 4.0 GHz you should set it to 40, if you are going for 4.2 GHz set it to 42 and so on.

Ram timings need to be changed if in your bios they are different than what it says on your RAM module(s). Auto should usually set them to the correct values but not always so you might want to check.

Just read the guide carefully if you want to use it. If you use Google for a bit you will surely find other guides for OCing that chip+mother board combo specifically.
Thanks for the reply. I will do some test.

Edit: Ok first i tried the "OC Tuner" and it set the CPU to 4.2GHz, then I took a look in the settings and saw that the motherboard had done nothing wrong, then i tried boot to windows and it's working very well Big Grin

I got 28ºC at 30ºC when the CPU is in Idle mode, 40ºC with dolphin and 43°C when the CPU is 100%

On the stress test i got 44ºC then 48ºC and then 44°C.....

It's fine? 100% CPU with Core voltage at 1.240v (mostly of time) skipping to 1.264v.
[attachment=8475]
Pages: 1 2