Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crashing trying to use software renderer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Iskuri

Hi guys, I'm a new poster here and a new user of Dolphin, I must say that it's a really great emulator and everyone who helped create it should be very proud of themselves. Here is my issue:

I have Dolphin working on my incredibly bad laptop computer that I only used to test to see if an emulator would work, but when I put it on my good machine to see if it will work it just won't. The thing is, this computer currently has a very bad graphics card in because my old one burnt out and I can't get a new one yet. I purely wanted to see if it would run using this bad graphics card, and I am aware that my best chance is using the software renderer. However, whenever I use the software renderer OR OpenGL and load a game the emulator just crashes and I have to force the program to close. Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated. Smile
1. Do not use the software renderer under any circumstances. No matter how bad your gpu is and how good your cpu is the software renderer will always be orders or magnitude slower than any other backend. It exists for debugging purposes only.

2. You have not given us any information at all. How are we supposed to diagnose your problem?

We need your system specs, settings, what games you have tried, what version of dolphin you're using, what OS you're using, and we need to know if you have tried redumping the games.

Iskuri

I wanted to use the software renderer because my graphics card is not up to the task, I'll leave it until I get my replacement.
Software renderer is not used to play games under any circumstances. It runs games at 0-1 fps for everyone.