Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory card gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

snthrcgnth

So I went to play this NASCAR game that I had been playing, only to find that the memory card wouldn't load. When I went to check out the file, I found that it was a blank file of 0 bytes. Any idea what caused this?
Has it ever saved before?

snthrcgnth

(12-02-2011, 04:13 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Has it ever saved before?

Yeah. It was working fine yesterday and the day before. I just downloaded Dolphin a couple days ago, so I hadn't exactly taken a close look at the file, but it was doing fine picking up right where I left off.

snthrcgnth

I seem to have found the problem and it can be attributed to simple user error. It seems that occasionally when I save a game, there will be a brief instant several seconds after it says that it is finished saving that the memory card file is reduced to 0 bytes and then back to its full size. My guess is that I just turned off Dolphin right when this happened, preventing it from finishing what it was doing. I find it strange that this happens only after it says that it has finished saving, but if I back up my files frequently and am careful when closing the program, then it shouldn't be a problem.