Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS break down after ca 10min
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
65-70 degrees running a PC game that's quite high in my book.
I'm not doubting you don't have a CPU cooler but is it mounted 100% perfectly and not loose somewhere?

And how much cooling paste did you use? High temps could be from to little or to much.
A rule of thumb is to use a small amount of cooling paste as about the size of a rice grain.

I use a tiny brush to produce a thin perfect layer over the CPU.
100% load varies between 43-47 degrees, but I'm using a self sustained water cooler so it yields lower temps then air.

But another rig I have with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 never goes higher then 55 degrees.

I would try re-apply new paste and make sure it's 100% perfectly mounted to rule out that it's not the problem.
ok, thx for the advice, going to search for cooling paste now Wink

the temperature that is labeled as "cpu" never goes over 55-60°C, the core temps 1,2,3,4 are the ones that go up to 65-70°C sometimes
tested another programm to monitor my temps, called "speedfan" same temperature results...

im gonna rearange my cpu cooler now and try again, thx =)
after rearaning my cpu cooler, the average core temps stayed the same, but thx for the idea =)

i tryed a few other things:

idle temps are 35°C on all cores

first i stressed my computer with "prime" and watched the core temps and loads with "core temp", loads 100% temperature on all 4 cores max 65°C after 1 hour

then i watched the loads and temps while emulating, everything goes fine for 10-20minutes, loads arround 30% on every core and temperatur around 50°C,
then the fps breakdown, loads rise immediately up to 100% on every core, and temperature rises up to 65°C degree, then i click out of the dolphin emulating window and everything goes back to normal 30% load, 50°C core temps.
then i alt+tab back into the emulating window and can play again for 10-20minutes, till the eroor occurs again.

and it doesnt matter if i tab out for 1sec or 5min, always the same, really strange ... any ideas ? please help
Maybe try updating the graphics drivers and turn off any virus scanners that you might have running. Check the task manager and make sure that it is Dolphin that is taking 100% CPU load.
how embarrassing ... i know the problem now... omg, so obvious, like most problems are Wink

im running BOINC on my computer to calculate for seti@home, and it starts when i make no input for 10minutes. i'm using my lcd tv to show me the emulating window and a ps3 gamepad for gaming, and that is no input for BOINC... omg.... thx for the advice with the task manager, should have known that on my own -_-'

thx for all the help! nice forum here, i'll keep an eye on it =)
Great that it worked out for you. Issues like these can drive any man insane.
Now you can enjoy Dolphin again Big Grin
Pages: 1 2