Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin freezes up when starting a game or opening Wiimote settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chubbedup

Hey guys, I'm new here. I just gave my Wii to my little cousin, when I realized I still wanted to play SM Galaxy. So I bought a Wiimote+Nunchuck+Wireless Sensor bar, iso'd my disc, and installed the newest build of Dolphin. On the first, second, and third runs, everything went smoothly, except tht I realized I had no turned on the sensor bar. So I turned it on, and went into the Wiimote settings to check everything. I assumed the red dots in the middle of the two squares would move as I moved the controller if it worked. They did not, so I looked around for a way to get it to work. That's where the problem started.

I clicked the tab "Recording", and clicked the first empty block. It asked me to hold +, and showed the movement of my wiimote on the bars at the top of the screen. Then, dolphin froze, so I Ctrl-Alt-Deleted and exited Dolphin. Now every time I restart Dolphin, I can click all the buttons and it works fine, unless I click the Wiimote settings or try to start a game, at which point it freezes until I exit. I've also tried deleting the folder and redownloading Dolphin, but every time I attempt, it says the folder is open from another program. What can I do to fix this?! Thankx in advance guys.