Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Setup Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

xerotheory

Long time lurker, first time poster. Have a wii, but dolphin emulation is just superior to playing things on the actual wii.

I have the following two systems:

Desktop:
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz
8 gigs ram
gtx 570
No HDMI out currently
No bluetooth currently

Laptop:
Sony Vaio VPCSA
i7 2640m @ 2.8ghz turbo to 3.3ghz
8 gigs ram
6630m oced to 6550m clocks
HDMI out
Bluetooth

Desktop sits in bedroom, TV sits in living room. I have tried using the laptop to run dolphin, and for the most part it runs fine (skyward sword) though receives slow down every now and then (slight stuttering) and certainly does not run things as smoothly as my desktop. The problem is that my desktop is in the other room, and moving it is not an option.

I would like to play dolphin in my living room on my TV but from my desktop. What are some recommended ways of me doing this? One friend suggested running mstsc and maybe running wiimote through laptops bluetooth on RDP. Not sure how latencys would work out on desktop->laptop->tv. How are wireless hdmi device adaptors (the $100+ ones)? Or I was thinking of also maybe just running a dvi-hdmi dongle on desktop, and getting a 25-50' hdmi cord and running it into living room to the tv, but then my concern is the capability of a bluetooth connector (which one?) being capable of receiving a signal from the wiimote if its used in the living room and the desktop is in the bedroom.

Sorry for the complicated question, and I realize im slightly answering my own question, but i suppose I just wish for someone else who has been in a similar boat to chime in with some kind of advice.

Thank you.
Either use cables (if you can) or go wireless (which will be very expensive).