Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes every time upon opening Metroid Prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to you all Dolphin users ! The title says it all ... one day, Dolphin resigned

I had been playing Metroid Prime normally and was pretty far. Then suddenly, Dolphin did not want to play the game anymore, and expressed that will by crashing one or two seconds after starting to load the game - it never goes further than the initial code cache clear. Wtf is happening there ?
I have to say this coincided with the resurrection of my computer after an aborted tentative to install Linux/Ubuntu on my Mac (yes, I have a MacBook Pro, probably (one of) the latest, with Lion, far enough CPU and memory, and the usual config), which got the UEFI all messed up (trying to link to a GRUB boot loader instead of a GPT one ...), I had to reinstall it and all . But everything else went back to full normal ! What could have been uninstalled or messed up with that Dolphin needs to function properly ? Thanks for sharing that knowledge and your insights !

Nitrogen
Btw here's the crash report, in case that might help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rkm813znt71v5i4
This should work well for both (Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes) Smile

Go to "Emulation" and then click on "Reset" to reset your game.

Ok well thanks a lot for the help, yet bad news : neither worked ... Reset appears to do just nothing, or at least it does not change anything, and the build you suggested is a Windows executable, .exe type of thing - nothing I can make use of on my Mac ...