Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy running only at 50%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

my box is an i7 860 with a HD5770, and I use dolphin 3.0-204-dirty.

I tried to run Super Mario Galaxy 1, and it seemed to run fine, but then I noticed that the top of the window said "50% speed" during an average scene. I'm using the settings from the Wiki. Am I doing something wrong or is my hardware simply too weak?

Comments are appreciated!
Try using the official 3.0 release from the main site.
People claim the newer versions slow downs the performance.

Oh and you're not using DSP LLE are you? That can sink performance quite easily.
(11-30-2011, 12:45 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Try using the official 3.0 release from the main site.
People claim the newer versions slow downs the performance.

Oh and you're not using DSP LLE are you? That can sink performance quite easily.

No, I'm using HLE. The problem remains if I switch over to 3.0 Sad
Post your settings and let's see if there is something out of the normal.
Your specs isn't that bad really.
(11-30-2011, 01:20 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Post your settings and let's see if there is something out of the normal.
Your specs isn't that bad really.

I created an album with 9 images detailing my config:

http://imgur.com/a/DGtgX

Thanks for your help!
Well let's see here...hmm is there really any reason to why you're using OpenGL? You should switch to Direct3D9 and maybe set EFB to Texture instead of RAM.
That will probably do some good for the performance.
Use DX9 and put EFB Copies to Texture
(11-30-2011, 01:28 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Well let's see here...hmm is there really any reason to why you're using OpenGL? You should switch to Direct3D9 and maybe set EFB to Texture instead of RAM.

I tried it, now it's at 75%, but still not at 100% :-(

Any other ideas?
Well that's something in the right direction I guess and this was using 3.0 or 3.0-204?

What's your CPU clock at?
(11-30-2011, 01:32 AM)eggdropfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2011, 01:28 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Well let's see here...hmm is there really any reason to why you're using OpenGL? You should switch to Direct3D9 and maybe set EFB to Texture instead of RAM.

I tried it, now it's at 75%, but still not at 100% :-(

Any other ideas?

Disabling per pixel depth and enabling cache display lists for this game can help a bit, but your performance is about what you can expect without any overclocking for that cpu.
Pages: 1 2