Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DSP-LLE choppy audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem with DSP-LLE. No matter what game I play, besides GameCube games, it is slow and skips constantly. It sounds like a broken record. I need to use this to play games like Super Mario Galaxy and SMG 2, which need it for proper audio. How do I get this to actually work. I notice that whenever Dolphin runs at 60FPS, it sounds almost normal. How do I get it to sound normal. I can't just make my game run at perfect speed without a speedhack, and yes my DSP-LLE files are dumped from my Wii. I don't know why it doesn't work for Wii games.
That's just what it sounds like at under 100% speed. Keep at 100%, and it sounds fine, but under that LLE is so synced to the game that it has to stay with it in some way.
(11-27-2011, 03:01 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]That's just what it sounds like at under 100% speed. Keep at 100%, and it sounds fine, but under that LLE is so synced to the game that it has to stay with it in some way.

Is there a way to unsync it from the game. And if there isn't, is there a way to keep the game at least at 98%? It now skips sometimes and it sounds broken. There is a hack that remasks it and speeds up the LLE sound, but I don't know how to apply patches to Dolphin, can I have a tutorial on how to?
(11-27-2011, 02:57 AM)NipponRyan97 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with DSP-LLE. No matter what game I play, besides GameCube games, it is slow and skips constantly. It sounds like a broken record. I need to use this to play games like Super Mario Galaxy and SMG 2, which need it for proper audio. How do I get this to actually work. I notice that whenever Dolphin runs at 60FPS, it sounds almost normal. How do I get it to sound normal. I can't just make my game run at perfect speed without a speedhack, and yes my DSP-LLE files are dumped from my Wii. I don't know why it doesn't work for Wii games.

If you have a four core processor enabling lle on thread will help. If even with that you can't achieve good speeds then you either need to overclock or get a better system. Sandy bridge cpus fare very well with lle from some tests i did compared to the older nehalem, never mind core2 quad, phenom2...
(11-27-2011, 03:47 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2011, 02:57 AM)NipponRyan97 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem with DSP-LLE. No matter what game I play, besides GameCube games, it is slow and skips constantly. It sounds like a broken record. I need to use this to play games like Super Mario Galaxy and SMG 2, which need it for proper audio. How do I get this to actually work. I notice that whenever Dolphin runs at 60FPS, it sounds almost normal. How do I get it to sound normal. I can't just make my game run at perfect speed without a speedhack, and yes my DSP-LLE files are dumped from my Wii. I don't know why it doesn't work for Wii games.

If you have a four core processor enabling lle on thread will help. If even with that you can't achieve good speeds then you either need to overclock or get a better system. Sandy bridge cpus fare very well with lle from some tests i did compared to the older nehalem, never mind core2 quad, phenom2...

I know my computer isn't a beast, but it's very good and can emulate PCSX2 and DeSMuMe perfectly. And it can play games in 1080p HD with 3D.

Here are my specs.

Intel i3 Quad-Core 2.30 GHz - 3.00 GHz
8GB RAM

I'll try DSP LLE on Thread.

(11-27-2011, 04:01 AM)NipponRyan97 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2011, 03:47 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]

I know my computer isn't a beast, but it's very good and can emulate PCSX2 and DeSMuMe perfectly. And it can play games in 1080p HD with 3D.

Here are my specs.

Intel i3 Quad-Core 2.30 GHz - 3.00 GHz
8GB RAM

I'll try DSP LLE on Thread.

It didn't work at all. I need to know how to make patches. When I use TortoiseSVN it says it asks me to select a directory and when I select the Dolphin one it says it can't be merged. How do I do this?
Try it on thread and oc your i3
(11-27-2011, 09:23 AM)pwnedatdolphin Wrote: [ -> ]Try it on thread and oc your i3

i3 is a dual core able to manage 4 threads not a 4 core processor, hyper threading doesn't count as a core. As a result lle on thread won't help performance in his case, you need to have a true 4 core processor.
(11-27-2011, 06:28 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2011, 09:23 AM)pwnedatdolphin Wrote: [ -> ]Try it on thread and oc your i3

i3 is a dual core able to manage 4 threads not a 4 core processor, hyper threading doesn't count as a core. As a result lle on thread won't help performance in his case, you need to have a true 4 core processor.

Guys I have in I7 2600k at 4.6 and a 580 GTX at 945. I dumped my dsp files and get skipping in LLE at 100% speed. I have tried LLE on thread, lock threads to core, xaudio at 48 and 32khz. No help.... Not sure whats it up with that. Sounds like a latency adjustment would fix this right up.
your not alone
I doubt that you need a processor for the LLE sick right
I have an I5 760 oc to 4GHz + 4 GB RAM + GTX570 SOC 900MHz and train for SMG1 and 2 with the LLE but it's perfect with HLE but no music ...
Dolphin 3.0 is not at all developed for the LLE
(11-29-2011, 09:22 PM)panda64 Wrote: [ -> ]your not alone
I have an I5 760 oc to 4GHz + 4 GB RAM + GTX570 SOC 900MHz and train for SMG1 and 2 with the LLE but it's perfect with HLE but no music ...

What build is best for SMG2 ? I know 7718 runs zelda with absolute perfection ! Thank you devs !
(11-30-2011, 03:44 AM)Liquid_drummer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2011, 09:22 PM)panda64 Wrote: [ -> ]your not alone

What build is best for SMG2 ? I know 7718 runs zelda with absolute perfection ! Thank you devs !

The sounds I hear being at 100% (with lots of headroom due to 4.6 i7 2600) sound like what I hear in my pro tools setup if the audio latency is set too low. Is there anyway to adjust latency ? A slightly late sound (maybe imperceivable) is better than drop outs.