Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkachi 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game is slow under Dolphin, I am unsure if it's a misconfiguration or if it's just normally slow due to the incomplete state of development with Dolphin.

In tournament mode, it starts out fast until the characters appear on screen and will sink down to 8 - 15 FPS for the duration of the match.

Story mode is just a slow, with the typical 8 - 15 FPS..

I was wondering if there is anyone else running this game with better framerates, or if it is just as slow for them with specifications similar to mine.

I have a Core2Duo E8500, 4 GB of DDR2 Dual Channel Memory, Geforce 9800 GT. Everything is installed and updated such as DirectX, Nvidia Forceware drivers, and the Visual C++ redistributable.
lol noob, its nothing with the emulator, its your pc that is slow LOL
(06-17-2009, 12:27 AM)Beginn3R Wrote: [ -> ]lol noob, its nothing with the emulator, its your pc that is slow LOL

Fuck Face , its computer is Great , wtf are u talking about !! Lol

X2X , there is definitely a problem in your dolphin(rev?) install (or your OS(?) ^^) , mine is running at constant fullspeed!
Lol who the hell are you calling a n00b, you big blithering n00b... Rolleyes

Something tells me that you can't read, because if you even bothered to read my post at all, it would of been apparent that my PC isn't slow. A Core2Duo E8500, 4 GB of Dual Channel Ram and a Geforce 9800 GT is far from slow. It can run most PS2 games in Pcsx2 quite decently with minimal lag, and most games in Dolphin have decent performance except for a select few games.

Sure it may not be as fast as a Core i7 system or other top of the line systems, but it still wipes the floor with any AMD processor and any processor prior to it.

I'm not sure if the problem is a simple misconfiguration or if it's related to the overhead in graphics emulation which causes overall slowdown in some games.

Please research the person you are calling a n00b the next time, because I am far from being a n00b and quite a reputable person throughout the entire emulation scene unlike yourself. Wink
(06-17-2009, 12:46 AM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2009, 12:27 AM)Beginn3R Wrote: [ -> ]lol noob, its nothing with the emulator, its your pc that is slow LOL

Fuck Face , its computer is Great , wtf are u talking about !! Lol

X2X , there is definitely a problem in your dolphin(rev?) install (or your OS(?) ^^) , mine is running at constant fullspeed!

I'm fairly certain the OS isn't the problem, I recently installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 which exhibits the same issue.

I don't have much overclocking room with this board, I suppose that's what I get by trying to save a few bucks and purchasing an AsRock board.. :/

My processor speed is 3.16 Ghz, I am only able to overclock by 100 Mhz due to this crappy board or it won't post on startup.

So far this has been persistent on all of the recent revisions I have tried, I usually update the source and compile new revisions for myself daily.

Thanks for trying to help though unlike the last poster, it is very much appreciated. Smile
If anyone is getting full speed or close to full speed with this game, would you mind posting your configuration for general, graphics, and sound?

I get real crappy performance with this game, 12 - 15 FPS is unacceptable if no one else is having frame rate problems with this game..

My system is decent enough for good performance, so I am unsure as to why I am having such a problem.
SVN R 3447 x64 IL

Sound Works perfect

28 - 33 fps in videos
50fps - fullspeed In Game

General settings everything enabled exept cheats

1680x1050
Auto Scale
Aniso 16x
MSAA 8x
Use Safe Texture cache

DSP HLE / DSound(evrything enabled exept RE0 Audio Fix)

Look at TenchinHan smashing my face !
I don't think that is the same game, I think that is another DBZ game since the interface/hud is different.

I'm referring to Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

When any characters are on screen the this game slows down to more than 50% slower than full speed. In battle when there is characters on the screen it slows down to 12 - 15 FPS.
My Bad^^ This is Budokai 2 on GC . Ooops !

I only have tenkaichi 3 on Wii!

cmccmc

Yeah I can't get that many frames out of it either