Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sager NP8150
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! I'm planing on getting a Sager NP8150 which is a custom made laptop specifically for the purpose of gaming, but I was just wondering how well would Dolphin run on this computer, the specs of the computer are.

Video & Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD 6990M GPU with 2GB GDDR5 Video Memory
CPU Processor 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.40GHz)
Operating System Genuine MS Windows® 7 Home Premium 32/64-Bit Edition ( 64-Bit Preloaded )
Memory 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 X 4GB

It would run ok. Some of the heavier games like SMG2 will have slowdowns. Generally laptops are not advised for dolphin.
Right, so much would it cost me to get a good gaming desktop, also how fast with the current specs of the Sager would the laptop be able to Run SMG at?
A good gaming desktop with those kind of specs will probably cost you $1000-1500
More like $750.

That laptop will probably dip down to 80-90% gamespeed in big levels (assuming you're using HLE audio, with LLE audio you'll get maybe 60-70% speed if you're lucky).