Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin doesn't launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I double click on the exe, the cursor does its spinning thing and I can see the process in the Task Manager, yet no GUI shows.

It worked once, but I restarted my system, now this occurs.

I fear I may have screwed up a setting somewhere along the line, so if you could tell me where the config is stored, I could try removing that and seeing if that fixes it.

Thanks
Which OS are you using? does dolphin appear on the taskbar?
Windows 7. As I said, it worked previously. And nope, just the process in the Task manager.
Do you happen to know where the configs reside, I'm almost positive that's the problem. So if I could reset it, I'd be sorted.
(11-26-2011, 06:07 AM)Smashman Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 7. As I said, it worked previously. And nope, just the process in the Task manager.
Do you happen to know where the configs reside, I'm almost positive that's the problem. So if I could reset it, I'd be sorted.

(Dolphin directory)\User\Config
I'd try renaming Dolphin.ini to some other name first before going and deleting everything else.
(11-26-2011, 06:10 AM)gamax92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2011, 06:07 AM)Smashman Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 7. As I said, it worked previously. And nope, just the process in the Task manager.

You're shitting me? I deleted the entire folder and reextracted, yet no luck.
Oh dear, I may have something bigger as the problem, then.
(11-26-2011, 06:12 AM)Smashman Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2011, 06:10 AM)gamax92 Wrote: [ -> ]

You're shitting me? I deleted the entire folder and reextracted, yet no luck.
Oh dear, I may have something bigger as the problem, then.

By reextaction do you mean putting a fresh copy of the entire dolphin directory or just the config directory.
I deleted the entire folder and then extracted it into a differing location.
Could you please upload your config then, I'd like to see if that helps.

When I launch the exe, with a fresh extraction, no config folder is created. Are you 100% sure that's where it is.
(11-26-2011, 06:17 AM)Smashman Wrote: [ -> ]I deleted the entire folder and then extracted it into a differing location.
Could you please upload your config then, I'd like to see if that helps.

When I launch the exe, with a fresh extraction, no config folder is created. Are you 100% sure that's where it is.

Positive, though what version of dolphin are you running?
3.0-204
But as I said, it worked before, so I do not understand...
I just downloaded 3.0, still no luck.
(11-26-2011, 06:19 AM)Smashman Wrote: [ -> ]3.0-204
But as I said, it worked before, so I do not understand...

Well I had a different emulator iirc it was nullDC and i changed something in my graphics settings like with the driver and the application never ran again. Have you done anything lately with driver settings? Also uploading Configs soon ...

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?ak7akqxi3p2c177 - Config.zip

You also might want to try installing DX9 as Win7 comes with a stubby version of it - http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html If you havent already.
Pages: 1 2