Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulated Motion Plus [UNOFFICIAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-06-2011, 03:02 AM)bhobs Wrote: [ -> ]Ya after messing around with it I pulled it by pressing the right bump which is shake while moving the stick around.

Thanks a lot for the tip! I'll give that technique a shot tonight. I just gave up and downloaded the "after the rolling eyes" save in the first post. Couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

(12-06-2011, 05:48 AM)sunnysalvadore Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly tho the program only sees my Mouse and not my Usb Keyboard (actually now with Motionjoy i Have Mouse0 through 2)

This, the occasional spikes in lag, and the weird slingshot/beetle/bird drifting issues are the only things holding this build back from being just about perfect for me. Hopefully they can be fixed without tons of work.

Not that I don't appreciate JP's work. It's amazing this got working so well so quickly. I didn't expect to see M+ emulation added back in for months. Great work and thanks, JP! This is a great piece of programming.
(12-06-2011, 07:40 AM)yaqub Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2011, 09:26 PM)kaicooper Wrote: [ -> ]oh thats cool bro..thanx very much..i'll try now
but the new build missed up the graphics little bit Sad

(12-05-2011, 11:13 PM)Scant Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2011, 01:34 PM)yaqub Wrote: [ -> ]I cant get past the granny, harp part no matter what config I use with my controller. Can anyone help?

Use the 'standard' config that's floating around silent's or kaicopper's or starscreams any will do..however, I found unchecking IR off and using the fast range button helped a lot.

Also, you don't have to strum with the exact movement of the circle...so it doesn't need to be slow and steady, just kinda make sure u don't start too late but make sure u end close to it opening/closing.

So, when the circle has reached it's widest point...and it begins to close...wait a little and then begin strumming and finish the strum just before it closes then wait until it opens a bit and finish just before the widest point. rinse and repeat...and a while you get the proper 'timing' down and then it becomes easy.

Personally, contrary to what others says...I actually leave on the IR (uncheck the box) this helps me with flying and aiming.

Hope i helped.

(12-05-2011, 05:36 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone had any luck with drawing such as on Goddess walls? I'm at Faron Woods and I need to draw a circle to get to the Water Dragon, not having any success with that.

Yeah, that took a while and my circle didn't look like much of a circle...

What i was initially doing was tracing the outer...um....crescent moon (? hope u understand that) but that didn't work...then i realized that the symbol has a smaller circle so i just drew small circles in the blank space.

I did it with the newest update, without out holding the fast/range button...my gyro was at 20.

Just slow steady movements...again...mine looked like a paraplegic circle...but the door opened. Big Grin

Okay, thanks that helped. I'm at the circle ray of light part now with the harp and it doesnt work with ur suggestions yet. I'm using Kaicoppper's config with my ps3 controller emulated as 360 and the problem im having is that its moving right perfectly but I cant seem to get it to move left in time ( the controller doesnt respond well to me moving my analog stick left it only responds when i move it right- and both ranges are the same...)

1) Did you uncheck IR off? That usually helps me out in that situation.

2) Also, before playing, pause the game and keep pressing down on the d-pad until the cursor stays in the center of the screen. Not sure it matters for the harp...but it might help with the 'sticking' to one side.

3) Also, try setting you Tilt ACC to 100 and Tilt Gyro to 20. And set both Fast/Range to the same button and set them to any above 500.

1) my question is what are the controls or settings that are used to manage link when it is falling in the air, for example when you get the mantle at the start of the game and have to fall in the center of the circle. that in the second world of the volcano there is a stone chest in the cave is almost impossible to grab me

2) is normal that the emulator crashs with a few minutes of play?

DeviltheorY

(12-05-2011, 07:09 PM)kaicooper Wrote: [ -> ]EXACTLY..thats what i did already and told them to Hold A for run and L thumb to roll..the best

I was wondering what buttons do you use for the thrust controls? If any at all? I see you left those blank in your config and they seem kind of important.

I'm only at the start of the game trying to get the controls to feel right and it seems OK if I put up, down, left & right thrusts to the right analogue which seems to work well whilst platforming, but do you think having thrust and rotate on one analogue stick will give me troubles later on in the game once I get into combat etc? Maybe I should have another button to trigger it or something?

Cheers
Never mind what i just said cause i just downloaded the Texture Cache that JP uploaded and everything works fine Smile keep up the good work JP Smile, I Salute you XD
Hello, sorry if this was answered in the forum i searched several pages and couldn't find it. but i downloaded all the files and set them up correctly and i don't have those setting that you marked when i try to set up my controller for gyro sensitivity and IR sensitivity. How can i fix this?

(11-23-2011, 01:20 PM)John Peterson Wrote: [ -> ]John's documentation

Thank you for all your excellent comments! Please keep posting comments and suggestions! If you want to chat i'm often in #dolphin-emu@efnet!

Files

Binaries http://www.mediafire.com/?eta17d97uw4m4 , sort dir by "Created" to see the latest files
Dependencies http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html , the binaries are only the program file, they need to be placed in the same directory as the dll and settings dependencies found here
Code http://code.google.com/r/jpeterson57-dolphin/source/list , the main part of the m+ code can be found here http://code.google.com/r/jpeterson57-dolphin/source/browse/Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/WiimoteEmu/WiimoteEmu.cpp#640
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13523
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8328
100% Zelda SS save for NTSC http://www.mediafire.com/?j21u60y3empscue and PAL http://www.mediafire.com/?2uox3bcvv575qmm , source: http://www.wiisave.com/?dlid=4562

Build information

Besides the m+ support there are a few other minor differences in this git clone compared to the main master branch. These builds save the input configuration in the gameinis when a game is running, for example in User\GameConfig\SOUE01.ini, if no input configuration exist in the gameini the baseini is used (User\Config\WiimoteNew.ini for the Wiimote configuration). The wiimote configuration window is modeless and can be open all the time, when a game is started the ui is refreshed with the save from that game, and when a game is stopped the ui is refreshed with the baseini save.

If you play in a window you can capture the mouse with ctrl + f1 (the key can be changed in the hotkey dialog). There is no sync with the windows cursor and the ingame cursor (because there are no fixed points associated with the gyro values) so you'll probably want to hide the system cursor from the graphics settings. To be able to always receive mouse input regardless of where the system cursor you'll need to use mouse input from the the `RInput/#/Mouse` device, the DInput device mouse input retrieve the mouse position from the system cursor which can't go further than the end of the screen.

M+ guide

Zelda SS moves

Swing sword left/right: yaw left/right
Swing sword up/down: pitch up/down
Stab attack: thrust forward + show IR
Spin attack left/right: yaw left/right + nunchuk thrust in any direction
Spin attack up/down: pitch up/down + nunchuk thrust in any direction (or wiimote thrust forward/backward + nunchuk thrust in any direction)
Skyward charge: pitch accelerometer back (gyro range must be lowered enough that it doesn't trigger a swing)
Shield: nunchuk thrust in any direction
Roll: dash and nunchuk thrust in any direction

Tip: Use the | OR option to assign the spin attack A|C to yaw left and B|C to nunchuk thrust means A and B does their individual moves and C does both i.e. the spin attack. Bind the stab attack key to show IR too, since it needs visible IR for the moment it's performed.

Modifier keys

The range modifier multiply the output by 0.01 x to 10 x. The fast modifier activates the gyro fast mode for all three rotation directions.

FAQ

Q: My cursor is jumpy. A: Try lowering the sensitivity setting.
Q: My cursor and aiming occasionally jumps significantly along the horizontal axis. A: It's because of the IR going in and out of visibility, turning off IR will solve that.
Q: My cursor drifts vertically to the center (does not affect the aiming mode). A: Too little accelerometer pitch is applied because the IR pointer position is not at the end of the screen, possibly because of too low IR sensitivity, the IR implied pitch code is found here http://code.google.com/r/jpeterson57-dolphin/source/browse/Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/WiimoteEmu/WiimoteEmu.cpp#98 , as the IR is pointing at the end of the screen (mouse input -1 or 1) the pitch is pi/4 rad (45°).

Sample configuration

Mouse and keyboard

The Gyro Sensitivty of 100 works ok with my 1000 hz Razer Abyssus, a standard mouse with lower hz will need a higher sensitivity to produce the same effective sensitivity. The IR sensitivity is at 20 to move the vertical accelerometer position relatively slowly.

[Image: uDLsv.png]

Gamepad

The Gyro Range of 0.1 provide smooth aiming and a smooth cursor, the range modifier is set at 1000 (10x), if you set the Gyro Range at 0.2 you'll want to set the Range modifier to 500 (5x) to reach 1.0 with max input.

[Image: 2rmX0.png]

Thrust refers to a force in the X, Y, Z directions illustrated here. Thrust is detected by the accelerometer, rotation is detected by the gyro.

[Image: pCu5j.gif]

If you want to inspect the input data these builds output selected input status in the console, so you can see what information the game is receiving during gameplay. If you use Visual Studio you can modify the logging here http://code.google.com/r/jpeterson57-dolphin/source/browse/Source/Core/Core/Src/HW/WiimoteEmu/WiimoteEmu.cpp#699 and create patches as you see fit. Remember that your suggestions and patches are important as there are many opportunities to tune the emulation!

[Image: b9jLP.png]

Hi I am having trouble. I try to start the game but I cannot get past the screen Point Wiimote to the screen and move hand to the center. I have tried it with IR off and on. I copy settings from this thread and I still cannot get anywhere.
[Image: redsteel2f710setupdolph.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[Image: graphicsforredsteel22.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My Setup For Red Steel 2 Smile
it works great with the F710 Gamepad, with rumble XD
(12-06-2011, 11:58 AM)DeviltheorY Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2011, 07:09 PM)kaicooper Wrote: [ -> ]EXACTLY..thats what i did already and told them to Hold A for run and L thumb to roll..the best

I was wondering what buttons do you use for the thrust controls? If any at all? I see you left those blank in your config and they seem kind of important.

I'm only at the start of the game trying to get the controls to feel right and it seems OK if I put up, down, left & right thrusts to the right analogue which seems to work well whilst platforming, but do you think having thrust and rotate on one analogue stick will give me troubles later on in the game once I get into combat etc? Maybe I should have another button to trigger it or something?

Cheers

yea Thrust is the Best for Sword ..But
if just map Thrust and Rotate it will be just Missed up and gonna be crazy controllling for u
till JP fix this
Ok...now the only issue i have with the controllers (using ps2 logitech pad) is the sensitivity of the right stick that is used for pitch - roll - yaw and IR left to right...

after latest exe of the motion plus the sensitivity got really well but still not perfect enough using kaicooper config's ive been able to swing sword and control bird decently but still not good enough at pointing with hand , searching while on first view C , drawing and a bit getting the sword charged with light...

tweaked the gyro sensitivity and IR sensitivity but first one didnt do any much difference and lowering IR sensitivity below 50 makes my cursor horizontal range not getting to the edge of screen...

so i went to my pad profiler using logitechs soft, and tweaked the Sensitivity of the right stick both Y and X axis sensitivity...no matter how low i would go id still be getting very strong movement by moving it just a lil the stick...

i changed range values and for Y axis at 35% range while using the controller wii setting i made a perfect cursor movement speed while pushing up n down right stick, although when i decreased range value on horizontal right stick it didnt work as well with vertical...making the cursor get stuck half screen :S

anyway still finding that sweet spot to leave sensitivity for right stick so i dont get excesive response from it while moving it...