Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Most Demanding Game On Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what would you say are the most demanding games? are there any games that require super PC's for them to even run?

callcollect

I don't know if its a demanding game or the emulator just cant handle it but Twin Snakes doesn't seem to ever run Full Speed on any machine. I could be wrong.. But I have looked
(11-22-2011, 09:59 PM)callcollect Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if its a demanding game or the emulator just cant handle it but Twin Snakes doesn't seem to ever run Full Speed on any machine. I could be wrong.. But I have looked

works ok for me, from what ive played.

my shitty rig:

1090t @ stock
5850 @ stock
8gb cheap corsair ram @ 1333mhz
60gb ocz agility 3
3x 1tb spinpoint f3 (RAID0)

try enabling accurate vbeam emulation

Twilight Princess Big Grin (Hyrule Field any way) other wise Super Mario Galaxy
SMG2.
Metroid series
Call of Duty series
how is no more heroes? does that take a powerful pc to run at full speed?
Some games that need special demanding settings to work properly have very high requirements and can barely or can't be played full speed not even with the fastest sandybridge clocked near 5 ghz. Such games are those that need:
MMU to be enabled (like Cursed Mountain for wii, Fifa games for gamecube, etc. which crash ingame otherwise).
Single core to be used (Like F-zero).
LLE audio for proper sound or to avoid crashes (Like Super Mario Galaxy 2).
EFB to Ram to be enabled.

Efb to cpu acess and emulate format changes can also lower performance significantly in games that need them.

The more of the above options a game might need to work properly the worse it's speed will be. And yes there are games that not even the fastest overclocked processor out there can play fullspeed.
time splitters 2? i dont even know if time splitters future perfect works on Dolphin
Pages: 1 2