Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword- Will it run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking of getting Skyward Sword but I decided I'm only going to get it if it can run on my PC.

Anyhows, here are my specs for me desktop

Windows 7 Home Premium
System Type: 32 Bit OS
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 GHz (I overclocked it to 3.0 GHz, and its duel core)
GPU: GeForce 450 1GByte (Clocks say 50MHz core, 101MHz shaders and 135MHz memory on CPUID)
Mainboard: Intel DG33FB
Memory: 2GB DDR2 (DRAM Frequency 428.4 MHz)

I put everything I thought looked important on there from CPU ID, but if there is anything else I can put up that would help get a more accurate answer please tell me. Thanks to anyone who helps!
At 1X internal resolution (standard def) it should run. MAYBE it would run at 2X but your cpu is kinda weak for dolphin.

EDIT: Just saw you're running 32bit Windows 7, I have no idea how good 32bit Dolphin is so you might no even be able to run it at 1X IR.
That gpu can easily handle 3x IR. He'll get the same speed at 1x, 2x, or 3x IR. His cpu @ 3.0GHz should be good enough to maintain good performance in most places with occasional drops.
(11-21-2011, 02:11 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]That gpu can easily handle 3x IR. He'll get the same speed at 1x, 2x, or 3x IR. His cpu @ 3.0GHz should be good enough to maintain good performance in most places with occasional drops.

Even with Skip EFB disabled? I'm running 2X IR and only get full speed with Skip EFB enabled, my video card is weak though.

Darkensei

Will it run in mine?

Processor AMD Athlon 7550 (AMD Athlon x2 64 2.5GHz)

Package Socket AM2+ (940)
Core Speed 2511.5 MHz
Multiplier x FSB 12.5 x 200.9 MHz
HT Link speed 1004.6 MHz
Stock frequency 2500 MHz
Instructions sets MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V

Radeon HD 5850

Memory size 1024 MB
Memory type GDDR5
Quote:Will it run in mine?

Processor AMD Athlon 7550 (AMD Athlon x2 64 2.5GHz)

Not at a decent speed. You need a better cpu.

Quote:Even with Skip EFB disabled? I'm running 2X IR and only get full speed with Skip EFB enabled, my video card is weak though.

1. His gpu is three times as powerful as yours, it can easily handle 3x IR while yours cannot
2. The performance hit of skip efb has absolutely nothing to do with your video card
3. The skip efb access option will only have a substantial effect on performance if the game actually attempts to access the efb contents directly. You should not enable this option, it's bound to cause problems for you at some point.
(11-22-2011, 03:43 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]3. The skip efb access option will only have a substantial effect on performance if the game actually attempts to access the efb contents directly. You should not enable this option, it's bound to cause problems for you at some point.

That option is needed for some game-play functionality in Skyward Sword, he has to use it at some point.
I really hate these double negatives. I understand why neobrain did it (checked = less accurate, unchecked = more accurate, simplicity) but it really makes discussing the options difficult since for example if I tell someone to disable efb access that means enable "skip efb access".
You're right.
So my issue IS my CPU then. Asking around I had gotten so many different answers I had no clue why my fps couldn't keep up with Skip EFB disabled. If I get full speed with Skip EFB enabled and not full speed with it disabled my issue is entirely my CPU and not my video card right? Someone had told me otherwise inside the Skyward Sword thread. What I don't get then is why changing my clock speed from 3.1GHz to 3.6GHz has no performance change at all...