Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't get any game to run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Here's my Specs:

i7 2600k OC'd to 4.5Ghz
16GB 1600mhz ram
1gb ATi 6870

I'm trying to run the ISO files from my external hard drive, I exported the ISO from my WBFS drive that I use for my wii (easier and faster than the discs) and all of the files work on my wii. The only one that does anything for me is Donkey Kong Country, and all it does it bring up the safety message at the beginning. After that it's just a black screen, and if I press the home button on my wii remote it comes up with a red circle over the home button.

Other games I've tried (and they just say 0fps but v something or other is 60) are:

Super Mario Sunshine 2
Metroid Prime 3
New Super Mario Bros
A Boy and His Blob

Any ideas? In general I've followed the guides for each game/ looked at the performance guide.

Thanks, I really want this for Skyward Sword (xmas present Big Grin) looks much better than when it's running on the wii!
Quote:Super Mario Sunshine 2
Did i miss something ?

However, did you try another dump of the game ?
Lmao. I must have missed something too! *Galaxy

If the game works with the wii though surely there's nothing wrong with the files? The only disc I have at hand atm is Metroid Prime 3, which I could try I guess.
Have you tried using a different video backend?
You mean like Direct x 9/11? Yeah I've tried those and open GL.
Are you using 3.0?
Yeah, I'm using the latest version from the site's download, the x64 one.
I've got a few games to run now, so I guess you were right it was just bad ISO's. Thanks for the help anyway!
User error is 60% of the issues here, not to worry.