Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save File Location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where are the save files when I save in game? For instance, I'm playing Skyward Sword right now, and using version 7719. When I save the "Regular way", where are these located? Is it possible to specify where I'd like these saved?
(11-21-2011, 03:31 AM)kturcotte Wrote: [ -> ]Where are the save files when I save in game? For instance, I'm playing Skyward Sword right now, and using version 7719. When I save the "Regular way", where are these located? Is it possible to specify where I'd like these saved?

The easiest way I have found is when you have Dolphen launched no game running, is to right click on your desired game title and then click on "Open Wii Save folder" and this takes you right to the save files for that particular game.
MCs are here : Dolphin Folder/User/GC (or Wii)
And if you use SaveStates here : Dolphin Folder/User/StateSaves
Is it possible to change the save dir? Got 2 drives and I want it to save in the secondary drive
You can change the global user directory with the instructions here -> https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/cont...directory/
Thanks, it says
Make sure that you include "User" in it, since it will assume whatever path it is directed to is the User folder. If you point it to the Desktop for example, you will have a very messy situation.

So would there be a problem if I set the root of my 2nd drive as the new location? I.e. D:\Dolphin Emulator