Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: USBGecko in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This probably has been discussed somewhere before but I did not find a tutorial on how to use the feature or is this feature a dummy feature. I have been using Dolphin for a while and for some reason I never notice in the "Device Settings" under GameCube it shows USBGecko. This got me trying WiiRd and it fails to connect obviously but it did not hurt to try. I guess is what I am asking is this feature even usable? Is there a tutorial on how to get started in using this feature? Also I should say that GeckoOS does load fine in Dolphin.
The USB Gecko option in Dolphin opens a port at 0xd6ec (port 55020) on the local machine.

If you get a terminal program or another program that can create virtual COM ports at IP addresses, you'll be able to connect to Dolphin's USB Gecko device.

benji229

skid could you explain more about program that can create virtual COM ports at IP addresses and suggest a program.

standardtoaster

(01-01-2012, 09:21 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]The USB Gecko option in Dolphin opens a port at 0xd6ec (port 55020) on the local machine.

If you get a terminal program or another program that can create virtual COM ports at IP addresses, you'll be able to connect to Dolphin's USB Gecko device.

Could you please tell us more about this and how to set it all up? I would really love to know how to do this.
Sorry for reopening this thread, but I'd also like to know how to do this.

Any help?