Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody. Like everyone else on these forums, I seem to be having some issues with Skyward sword. Up to now, I've found answers to my problem everywhere from this helpful community. The graphics look amazing, the controls work perfectly and the game runs well. I'm on a 3.8 ghz core i-7 2600k, 16 gigs of ram, GTX 580 and everything is working out fine.

I'm playing the game on revision 7719, though 7718 seems to work just as well.

No, my problem happens after leaving the flying island in the beginning. I go through the hole in the clouds and reach the forest. There, I find a (depressingly) non-working save point (so I have to play the same scene over and over to recreate this because I don't trust save states). I go on to kill 2 single piranha plants and 2 that attack me in a team. I am delighted at how cool the motion controls work. So happily, I jump down the cliff after killing the plants.

Then the game starts up a cutscene, the screen goes white and the sound goes into an infinite loop, the game crashes. This happens every time I try it, so it's not just a random issue, I can repeat it as often as I like.

I have tried getting through the crash on revisions 7718, 7719, and the newest 201. None of them have worked. Is there anything I'm missing here?

My settings are copied from this helpful thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=19897