Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gameplay feels like slowmotion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

frositay

I use to be able to play games in Dolphin flawlessly about a year ago, now I want to play wii games again so downloaded the latest build and every game I've tried (New super mario bros, twilight princess, resident evil etcWink The fps in the top corner never drops below 50 fps, but the game feels like its in slow motion, theres even a delay between jumping and it jumps in slow motion but the fps shows it should be running fine?

My specs are:
Intel i5 2500k
Nvidia GTX 460 SOC edition
8GB corsair ram

I've tried following guides that tweak dolphin to run better but it still seems like its in slow motion, ive tried both direct9 and direct11 both same issue. Any help?
Probably because you're running PAL games yet using 60Hz monitor, try limiting FPS to 60 (check limit by fps) and disable audio throttle.

frositay

(11-20-2011, 10:05 AM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because you're running PAL games yet using 60Hz monitor, try limiting FPS to 60 (check limit by fps) and disable audio throttle.

Actually my monitor runs in 120hz (its a 3D monitor) so should I limit it to 120? Confused
No, keep it at 60.
Refresh rate of the physical hardware does not affect the refresh rate of the game or the gamespeed. If the refresh rates don't match up the repeated frames cause judder but should not make things "move in slow motion". Most likely his gamespeed is low, since that's the only thing known to cause this.

@frositay
Run the game in windowed mode and check your gamespeed and vps.
I actually think Xenoblade ran at slow motion on my 60Hz monitor, but okay...
I always notice that i get a 2-4fps increase if i play in fullscreen rather than windowed mode, i use 640x480 for both, what is the cause of this or is it just something that happens in lower revisions