Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it the emulator or my computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I recently downloaded Dolphin and tried playing Fire Emblem Path of Radiance with it... It just has so much lag with video scenes so I thought it could be my computer making it lag.. When normally playing, it works almost at perfect fps...

My computer:

-Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
-2,0GB RAM
-GeForce 8600 GT

Thanks
Most likely it's just the emulator being slow. I've found that the Wii tends to use *much* more high quality in-game movies, and that even a good box has trouble keeping up. I'm not sure how Dolphin handles this, I don't know if they play the movie using the game's functions or if they play it using a high level function. If it's the latter case, then the movie decoder in Dolphin needs to be optimized. More likely, you'll just need to wait for the overall speed of the emulator to increase.

cmccmc

It's your pc. It's powerful enough to render the game because it's not an 3d intense game but cut scenes use so much 3d that it overpowers your pc
happens same on brawl sse also. it lags sometimes.

cmccmc

lag is normal

deal with it
btw, did you try running on debug mode?

cmccmc

It doesn't help it's just a very demanding game
(06-19-2009, 08:38 AM)thegamefreak0134 Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely it's just the emulator being slow. I've found that the Wii tends to use *much* more high quality in-game movies, and that even a good box has trouble keeping up. I'm not sure how Dolphin handles this, I don't know if they play the movie using the game's functions or if they play it using a high level function. If it's the latter case, then the movie decoder in Dolphin needs to be optimized. More likely, you'll just need to wait for the overall speed of the emulator to increase.

There's no HLE of video decoding, we just lets the game do its job. And it consumes a lot of CPU power doing so...