Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: JIT or JITIL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so i heard that some games dont run well on the JITIL system, so is there like a list of games that dont run well on it? or is it just CPU based, or what?

also it doesnt have to include Wii Games, since i use my real system for that (don't have a dongle to connect a wiimote)
It's not worth worrying about, just use JIT.

Ok, thanks.
Whats the difference anyway?
(11-20-2011, 07:18 AM)BananasGoMoo Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thanks.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=2372
That old thread is a bit misleading. JITIL was a bit faster than JIT when that thread was created, but not so much anymore.
(11-20-2011, 09:18 AM)linkinworm Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2011, 07:18 AM)BananasGoMoo Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thanks.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=2372

Thanks
(11-20-2011, 09:23 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]That old thread is a bit misleading. JITIL was a bit faster than JIT when that thread was created, but not so much anymore.
Oh, I see.
64 bit builds: Jit is usually slightly faster
32 bit builds: Jitil is usually slightly faster

As far as anybody can tell there is no difference in stability or compatibility between them these days. However as SS implied the difference between them is very small, usually negligible.

Super short summary that isn't very accurate at all:
Jit compiles the games PPC code into x86 code, copies it into a cache, then executes it.
Jitil compiles the games PPC code into an intermediate language (IL), compiles that into x86 code, copies it into a cache, then executes it. The idea behind this was that compiling from IL to x86 would produce better optimized code, and since most of the processing power goes towards executing the code not compiling it this would boost performance. Of course things didn't quite turn out as planned.
(11-20-2011, 11:12 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]64 bit builds: Jit is usually slightly faster
32 bit builds: Jitil is usually slightly faster

As far as anybody can tell there is no difference in stability or compatibility between them these days. However as SS implied the difference between them is very small, usually negligible.

Super short summary that isn't very accurate at all:
Jit compiles the games PPC code into x86 code, copies it into a cache, then executes it.
Jitil compiles the games PPC code into an intermediate language (IL), compiles that into x86 code, copies it into a cache, then executes it. The idea behind this was that compiling from IL to x86 would produce better optimized code, and since most of the processing power goes towards executing the code not compiling it this would boost performance. Of course things didn't quite turn out as planned.

Oh i see, thats cool.

don't need to worry about it then since i have x64 lol
Some GC games (a few...) need Jitil to work
The only game that I knew that needed it is StarFox Assault (otherwise the first boss was invisible) and this was fixed already on JIT.
Pages: 1 2