Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The 'best settings for CPU xx' thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems that people are, understandably, often asking "will Dolphin work with my CPU ?" (or GPU) so how about a dedicated thread where people can ONLY ask about Dolphin and their CPU (maybe set up a thread for GPU's too). I realise it will vary a bit depending on the game, but I'm speaking generally here.

Perhaps some kind of cross reference chart could be drawn up and posted based on people's CPUs and recommended settings. That way it would be easy for people to find answers and help to cut down on the same old questions.

So, in time honoured fashion, I'll start the ball rolling:

My CPU is an AMD Phenom II X2 560 3.3GHz

What Dolphin settings are best for me? Smile

Setting does not depend on your cpu, it depends on the game, check game thread for relevant info instead.

There is no magical setting exclusive to CPU where you need to tweak, except LLE, which is pretty simple (if the game require LLE to work properly and you get low fps with it on, then oc your cpu or get a better one).
Hi,
I have the same CPU as you, and I will say, that if you ACC the CPU to a B60 you will have greater performance (in some games). It wont work for everything, but I do notice a speed up on some games.

Oh and ACC With ASUS mother boards is just unlocking your hidden 2 cores (if they are good)
I guess the easiest way to determine what settings will work best for you is to take whatever is the most difficult game to emulate FPS wise in your collection, find the best settings for that, then stick with it for everything else. Its what I do Big Grin
That's not a very smart way of going about it. No matter what game happens to be the most difficult to emulate or what combination of settings you pick that combination will cause issues with some games. Different games require different settings, period.
I guess for compatibility, it sure isn't a smart thing to do. But I was under the impression of the OP talking more about performance than compatibility, that's why I said to get the most demanding game and start there. Sure hasn't caused me much problems, but I guess that's because I only tinker with the obvious ones like resolution, AA, etc