Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DDR3 1333 VS. 1600 any differences?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any differences in speed when I have a higher clocked RAM when using framebuffer to systemram instead textures?
did anyone tested that?

I have 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 lying in my drawer but in my PC are currently 4x 4GB DDR3 1333
ah yeah, and all of them are 9-9-9-24 timed.
very small. not even a fps difference.
I was thinking that it possibly would make a difference, because when I'm checking EFB copies to RAM instead of textures it fixes graphical errors in Skyward sword,
but slows the game down A LOT.
Nope. I bought my RAM's in the signature three months ago, and I switched it between 1600 and 1300 doing a lot of tests and benchmarks. In emulation I had no difference whatsoever.

As for the rest of PC no actual performance change in anything, but I do notice less loading times for everything, and faster booting, logging on and off, switching user, etc.

And About the EFB option, I'm pretty sure setting it to RAM is much heavier on the CPU, that's why a lot of people get slow downs.
(11-19-2011, 04:51 AM)NexXxus Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking that it possibly would make a difference, because when I'm checking EFB copies to RAM instead of textures it fixes graphical errors in Skyward sword,
but slows the game down A LOT.

part of emulation of the wii by your cpu and nothing really about your memory.
*calls upon the wisdom of NV* :p
....ugh....I hate when people summon me.....I was having such a good nap too
*NaturalViolence really doesn't feel like answering this*

Whatever, I'll give you the quick version.

1. Higher memory frequency doesn't guarantee any improvement in memory performance. The memory controllers also affect memory performance.
2. My second point was already mentioned:
Quote:And About the EFB option, I'm pretty sure setting it to RAM is much heavier on the CPU, that's why a lot of people get slow downs.

Ding ding ding ding! This man wins the internet for the correct response.
Okay than it means my to 4ghz overclocked i5-2500k is slow :p
nah just kidding, I think it's just the hack. I'm using r7719 now with EFB to textures which works fine.
The graphic issue is due to a bug in the newer revisions I think.
....what hack?
(11-19-2011, 03:28 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Ding ding ding ding! This man wins the internet for the correct response.

Lols Tongue

Btw, I think he means the EFB to texture, wasn't it called "hack" before?
Pages: 1 2