Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help! i'm about to throw mi pc through the window!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, here is the thing, every game i have i play it on the pc because mi wii got smashed by my little brother, i could play every game just fine, i bought rayman origins and dumped the iso on my pc to play it, and since the game is just out i got the latest dolphin version i could find that was supposed to be stable and that is Dolphin x64 v3.0-187 (tried the 201 with the same result).

Now, here comes the stupid part and the root of my problem, i accidentally overwritten the old dolphin version files with the new one (yeah, it asked me and clicked without thinking... so... yeah...), anyway, the thing is that rayman runs awesome (constant 60) and as do all the other games except donkey kong country returns (runs at 44fps if i'm lucky, before the "upgrade" i got it at 60 with out any problems), i've been at this for 2 days now and i've tried a lot of revs and configuration combinations but to no avail, can somebody just point me in the right direction here please?

my pc specs:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 at 3.0ghz
6gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 6770 1gb GDDR5

as i said, the game was running fine until i changed the emulator version, i haven't been able to make it work properly again and it's driving me crazy, thanks in advance...

cheers
Title should be 'my' not 'mi'. (my bad xD)

Never copy one Dolphin version over another.
So you're using Dolphin x64 3.0-187 now?

Post your settings.
Quote:First of all it's 'me' not 'mi'.
emm... no, it's actually MY not MI, writing in the dark, sorry about that...

as for the settings, i've tried various permutations but the ones that i always apply with every version of dolphin i download are these:

Settings :

Tried Direct3D9 and Direct3D11
Internal resolution is always 640x480
Fullscreen resolution has been tried from 1024x768 to 1920x1080
Framelimit has been Auto, Off and set to limit at 60
Scaled EFB Copy - On
EFB Copies - Texture
Texture Cache - Fast
Fast Mipmaps - On
Cache Display List - On
OpenCL and OpenMP Texture Decoder - On

Properties of ISO:

Enable Dual Core
Enable idle skipping
MMU and BAT disabled
MMU Speed Hack enabled
Accurate VBeam emulation enabled

again, all the other games work great even rayman origins which came out tuesday, and donkey kong country returns WAS working fine until my... brilliant change... something i'm missing? that you guys can spot here?

cheers
You can try reinstalling the revision you were using before the upgrade. Moving your existing Dolphin folder will preserve your settings for -187

An unfortunate side-effect of the tweaks introduced in new revisions is that they sometimes break what once worked. That's why I tend to stick with what works until an update says it will improve something or I get a game that requires a more recent build.
So the problem is only with DKCR?

I see that you have VBeam emulation enabled. Have you tried to disable it and run it then?
(11-17-2011, 08:46 PM)Fennecat Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I tend to stick with what works

This, do this unless you're dedicated to help the devs provide bug report.
tried that and it made it worse, i found this post and did everything it says, and the same result, all the other games are at 60fps but this actually made things worst for DK as the most fps i got was 42, so... i'm completely baffled...

what makes me want to jump of a cliff is that my rig is more than enough to run the game at full speed and that all the others do work well except DK... so... any more ideas guys? i was already at level 6-8 and i would hate to leave it unfinished...

cheers
You should try Dolphin 3.0 the official release not 3.0-XXX. Btw which revision did you use before?
i've tried the 3.0, i even installed game booster and it gives me the same 40-ish fps, i cant remember what version i had because the folder was renamed to just "dolphin"

cheers
I vaguely remember something about deleting the cache (Dolphin>users>cache) someone please tell me what this does and if it will help Big Grin (if so do it XD)
Pages: 1 2