Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Skyward Sword graphics weirdness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Graphics seem a bit blurry at times, and objects often aren't very smooth, such as walls, tables...etc.

Menu and stuff look good, but not the city and items listed above...As you can see, the hearts look normal, and they're on top of a giltchy looking wall.

Is this normal?

Intel i-2500k
GTX 460 1gb
8gb 1333 DDR3 memory
SSD

Samples below.
Try EFB to RAM, otherwise its normal.
I believe this is the "banding issue" that some users were initially reporting in this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=19897

The issue does seem exclusive to the newest Dolphin builds, so currently, the users in that thread are recommending using an older Dolphin revision (r7718 or r7719) as a workaround solution until a new build comes out. Hope that suggestion helps.
Hi,
just a word to say that if you've got this kind of problem like weedelf (and me), follow this link given up and intsructions (dx10, etc),; Tested and approved !!
(11-17-2011, 04:38 AM)KnyteOwl Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this is the "banding issue" that some users were initially reporting in this thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=19897

The issue does seem exclusive to the newest Dolphin builds, so currently, the users in that thread are recommending using an older Dolphin revision (r7718 or r7719) as a workaround solution until a new build comes out. Hope that suggestion helps.

Cool, thanks!
Try increasing Anistropic Filtering to <1x
(11-17-2011, 09:03 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Try increasing Anistropic Filtering to <1x

I think it's set to that by default. But I got the older releases and it works great now, no blurry graphics and no loss in performance.

Thanks.

lordmolotov

Where can I get the older release you're working with?

(11-18-2011, 02:35 PM)weedelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2011, 09:03 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Try increasing Anistropic Filtering to <1x

I think it's set to that by default. But I got the older releases and it works great now, no blurry graphics and no loss in performance.

Thanks.

(11-20-2011, 07:34 AM)lordmolotov Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I get the older release you're working with?

From the "archive" section on the download page