Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulating SMG2 as good as possible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I bought a new CPU to play SMG2. It's an i5 2500k @4.1GHZ. Now I still get framedrops in SMG2 quite frequently. Whenever there is a lot of vista, coins or those star thingies in the picture the frame drops a bit or even 5 to 10. This wouldn't be a problem normallly but because of LLE the sounds is distorted as soon as the frame drop, so it's really anyoing.

Is there anything I can do to optimizie my experience? Any special setting or someting like that?

I noticed that the frames are 2-3 frames better with 2xFSAA instead of 4x in DX11...
tried dx9 ?
and whats our gpu and internalresolution(1x,2x,3x)
Yeah, did, it's about the same. Maybe slower because there is only 4xAA. GPU is a 560TI oc @900mhz. Internal is x2. Output is 1080p Fullscreen. VSync is enabled beacuse without vsync it's awful to look at.
No one?
Well you can expect occasional framerate drops as long as you are using LLE. Using LLE on thread will help.

Have you tried all three video backends?

You didn't list all of your specs , all of your settings, or even which revision you're using so we can't help you.
I'm using the latest downloadable version.

I thought LLE on Thread makes it slower? I think that's what it did, 2 or 3 frames less.

System:
i52500k @4,2GHZ
Asrock Z68
560TI oc @900mhz
8GB RAM

2x Res, 4xSSAA DX9, VSYNC on, everything else as expected I guess...didn't change it besides LLE. Lock threads to core is activated as well, frame limiter is auto.
Quote:I thought LLE on Thread makes it slower? I think that's what it did, 2 or 3 frames less.

It shouldn't unless you have a dual core cpu. LLE on thread puts the LLE audio frontend on its own thread (so dolphin uses 3 cores instead of 2).

Quote:2x Res, 4xSSAA DX9, VSYNC on, everything else as expected I guess...didn't change it besides LLE. Lock threads to core is activated as well, frame limiter is auto.

What about the enhancements and hacks tabs?

(11-16-2011, 11:10 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I thought LLE on Thread makes it slower? I think that's what it did, 2 or 3 frames less.

It shouldn't unless you have a dual core cpu. LLE on thread puts the LLE audio frontend on its own thread (so dolphin uses 3 cores instead of 2).

Quote:2x Res, 4xSSAA DX9, VSYNC on, everything else as expected I guess...didn't change it besides LLE. Lock threads to core is activated as well, frame limiter is auto.

I didn't check or uncheck anything there, it's all on default. What's the third video option?

When I activated LLE Thhread on core I lost some frames...

(11-16-2011, 10:27 PM)Seph Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2011, 11:10 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn't check or uncheck anything there, it's all on default. What's the third video option?

When I activated LLE Thhread on core I lost some frames...

DX9/DX11/OpenGL
Uhm...but isn't there anything like an "experience" what worked best for SMG2?
Pages: 1 2