Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with Wii Hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've read the support page and it wasn't very clear so I'd like to ask for some help.

What exactly do I need to play with the wiimote on my computer (my goal is for Zelda SS)?

Wiimote+motion plus
Bluetooth dongle
Sensor bar

Is anything else needed?

Thanks in advance.
(11-15-2011, 01:52 AM)dambros Wrote: [ -> ]I've read the support page and it wasn't very clear so I'd like to ask for some help.

What exactly do I need to play with the wiimote on my computer (my goal is for Zelda SS)?

Wiimote+motion plus
Bluetooth dongle
Sensor bar

Is anything else needed?

Thanks in advance.

Nunchuck
No sensor bar is needed. SS does all aiming with the motion plus, except for calibration at the very start. For that use a hybrid Wiimote.
Thanks for the replies, now I'm a little less lost haha.

Sensor bar never made sense to me anyway =]
a related side question: how does the wii remote work without a sensor bar? can dolphin still read the pointer and its position with just a bluetooth dongle? i thought you needed a sensor bar for the wii remote to calculate its position with all the infrared lights and stuff.
It needs it when you start the game, then only the motion plus is used for pointer. I still recommend getting one, however, for other games and calibration in SS.