Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FIXED Stutter/judder/slow down only in 30 fps games FIXED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-29-2011, 05:45 AM)Liquid_drummer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2011, 02:58 AM)tiku Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-24-2011, 10:57 AM)Liquid_drummer Wrote: [ -> ]I had this same issue with 30fps games. THank you SOOOO much. I made a custom 1920x1080 res at 30hz and made a destop shortcut using quick res. With a bat file I can change refresh and launch dolphin at the same time. I had this judded. Same symptoms.. Counter shows 30fps all the time in said games but it would get a little jerky every 7 seconds. I spun in a circle in Zelda Skyward sword and timed it because I noticed it has happening in patterns. All fixed. Judder gone. Thank you !

I have had a little slow down when z-targeting in Zelda SW but only since arriving at Eldin Volcano. I have an i72600k at 4.6, Gtx 580 at 945mhz, rev 7719, d3d11 and all setting as suggesting by the thread starter. Also in all games I get a pause when doing things the 1st time like opening inventory, etc.. Even when running the emu and my ripped from retail image off of an SSD. Anyone have a clue about that ?

Could you (or anyone), please, guide me a little with this?

How i'm supossed to match both resolutions (Dolphin & TV)? My internal resolution is 3x (192*1584) and my HDTV is fullHD (1900*1080) so... i don't really know what i have to do for fixing the judder/stuttering problem

:\

Thanks in advance!

Ati or Nvidia should have a custom resolution maker in their respective control panel. I only know nvidia's solution. Make a custom res of 1920x1080 at 30 hz and switch to this mode before launching any 30fps locked wii games on dolphin. If you want to download quick res you can create a shortcut from its exe and then right click properties on the shortcut. Look at the target field.. Note the stuff after the last quote is all that matters unless you install in the same path.. Add that to the target of your quickres shortcut and you can just switch to 30 hz with a click. Of course you will want to make another to switch back to 60 while your at it.

"C:\SetRes Single Monitor V2_3 GPL3\SetRes.exe" h1920 v1080 f30

My Sony Bravia only admits 1080p @60hz/59hz or 23/24 hz... I don't really know how to solve this issue Sad

Hey. Sorry to resurrect this very old thread but I couldn't find one with more information, or start one that gets much attention.

The fix you guys discovered definitely works (setting monitor to 30hz) but it has some unwanted side effects, especially in WII games. The IR pointer lags really bad when doing this and it hurts games like Twilight Princess.

Did anyone come up with a better fix to this that doesn't introduce input delay?
homie this thread is 4 years old, anything said here is probably obsolete. your profile says you are using dolphin version "439". try using the latest developer version, and necroposting is against the rules.
Forum rules Wrote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed. Stickied threads, Game Discussion threads, and HD Texture threads are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.
Pages: 1 2 3